Jerry Kill spending an hour with KFAN Powertrip on Thursday

kill is a ball coach. it's in his blood. touched many lives. the guy lives for the sidelines.

He was also briefly on wcco tv this morning. I always enjoy listening to Jerry and can't figure out where the negativity comes from.

+1 Love coach Kill. So what if he doesn't coach here anymore. Northern and Southern Illinois still love him. He is a genuine guy and a great coach.

How long until JK takes over for Bill Snyder at KSU? After watching the mildcats get a beatdown, I can see him on the sidelines next season.

I think that is more of a question of Snyder's age than anything else. KSU seems kinda fatalistic about football.

I heard a portion of it and it was a good discussion. The guy that wrote the book had been after him for a couple years to do a book. Same guy that wrote Rosen's book. JK said he finally had the time to talk to the writer.

Sounds like he has a sweet gig at KState, gets to go to practices, be on the field during games, in coaches meetings, plays all call him coach, etc... He mentioned that he did way too much non-football stuff at the U compared to other schools. He claimed responsibility for it because he is a hands on kinda guy. He said that the book got Claeys a parking spot...lol. A regent had read that he had a spot at UNI, but not one at the U, so the regent is getting that changed. He still seems quite loyal to the U, and feels they can win consistently with the right support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat Reusse tweeted this out earlier today: submitted for your approval - or disapproval

Jerry Kill in studio today 5 to 6. If you have question, put "Country Jer'' in subject line & send e-mail to: [email protected].

All the negativity that's in this town sucks.

Love the show. Loved it when they had Morris. What's better? KQ- All the negativity with a dose of politics shoved down your throat?

I'm with you. I can't listen to straight sports talk like some shows provide. The stupidity is welcome. KQ used to be good to listen to. Now you can't flip it on without Bernard bitching about politics. No thanks.

I don't buy for a second that Kill was doing things that other coaches don't do. Every coach helps with fundraising. Every coach speaks to community groups. And so on. Kill is a hard worker, but he also has a martyr complex.

when Jerry left there were a few of us who weren't fooled by his i'll never coach again....and now he is waitin to coach at k state....'to be perfectly honest with ya...they asked me if i could step in......blah blah blah.

jerry's a good person but he's got enough coach in him to say one thing and do another.

If kill coaches again, it's his choice choice. . I'll always root for the guy

Kill was on KSTP with Patrick for a long time sometime after 5PM. I heard just part of it, but he was fairly honest about a number of things, including the firing of Limegrover.

Kill admitted that he was pretty pissy towards Claeys because he was not made aware of the firing ahead of time and felt blindsided when Limegrover and others started calling him in the immediate aftermath. I guess he and Claeys are fine now. He stated that he later learned that TC had "tried" to call him, but he was away from his cell phone and did not get the news. He said something like it "was not the way to do it".

He also admitted that it was his fault what happened to his health last year, and he ultimately made the choices he made, although he then circled back and half blamed the Norwood situation. He took a couple of half-hearted swipes at Norwood. He noted that Norwood was "not around" a lot even before the firing, so Kill was already tending to AD issues.

Jerry was being paid at the U, right?

All the negativity that's in this town sucks.

Love the show. Loved it when they had Morris. What's better? KQ- All the negativity with a dose of politics shoved down your throat?

And Cory Cove is THE funniest guy in media today! I love it when he rips on Meatsauce. That guy is a real dummy!

when Jerry left there were a few of us who weren't fooled by his i'll never coach again....and now he is waitin to coach at k state....'to be perfectly honest with ya...they asked me if i could step in......blah blah blah.

jerry's a good person but he's got enough coach in him to say one thing and do another.

Pretty sure JK said He will never be a head coach again as recently as a couple weeks ago.

How long until JK takes over for Bill Snyder at KSU? After watching the mildcats get a beatdown, I can see him on the sidelines next season.

Just a clueless statement. Bill Snyder is a hell of a coach and KState is a solid team.

Jerry was being paid at the U, right?

Yep, because no one worth a damn wanted one of the sh^tt^est jobs in major college football. MN was lucky as hell to get him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure if any else has posted this in a different thread but Jerry Kill was on ESPN's Championship Drive podcast today. I've pasted the link from my iPhone so apologies if it doesn't work. Lots of talk about our football program. Wasn't a bad listen at all.

Jerry Kill, Former Minnesota Head Coach via @ESPN App http://es.pn/2bTm896

Thanks for posting.

Found it interesting that when asked what it would take to get MN to the next tier in football Kill mentioned the # of sports that MN has. 25 I think he said. Seemed to allude to the thought that you have to reduce that and know where your bread and butter is, which he said is Football and basketball. Mentioned you just don't have the necessary money and support otherwise.

Top Bottom