Jerry Kill on BTN Live this evening w/ Mase, Howard Griffin and Mike Hall

GopherLady

Reaction score
Jerry Kill on BTN Live this evening w/ Mase, Howard Griffith and Mike Hall

If you missed it, here you go...you have to wait until the last question, of course he was asked about his mad skillz. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jI4fZWF7BRM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit - before 80 of you correct me, spelled Howard's last name wrong. It will be corrected when you click on the post, but not from the board.

If you really pay close attention, you'll notice that Coach Kill is as intelligent, insightful, pragmatic, confident and articulate as any coach in the country. This man and his staff are going to take this program to the top for many years. No matter what role he plays or how many hours he works, everyone should just leave him and his staff alone as they lift us to the top. These guys are as good as it gets in this business. We have one of, if not the number one, coaching staff in the country.

Not sure they had any other choice, but the AD and President should get credit for not making any knee jerk decisions. Kill looks much healthier and happier than 5 weeks ago. Kill always says that winning cures everything. It's obviously good for his health too. Love you Coach Kill and Co. and thank you for this joyous, fun and exciting season!

I get the feeling listening to Coach K. that Minnesota may very well formalize the current set up. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Coach Claeys named something like Assistant Head Coach and Limegrover something like Offensive Head Coach with Kill assuming the role as Executive Head Coach and take over a permanent seat in the box during games.

This would enable the team to function is it is now and to recognize the real roles of C & L. Plus, of course, raise their salaries to the point we can hold on to them. At least for a while.

I get the feeling listening to Coach K. that Minnesota may very well formalize the current set up. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Coach Claeys named something like Assistant Head Coach and Limegrover something like Offensive Head Coach with Kill assuming the role as Executive Head Coach and take over a permanent seat in the box during games.

This would enable the team to function is it is now and to recognize the real roles of C & L. Plus, of course, raise their salaries to the point we can hold on to them. At least for a while.

I think they'll just keep it until the end of the regular season and Kill will be back on the sidelines for the bowl game. That's my guess.

Interesting how Jerry will use every question as an opportunity to compliment somebody else. If it's not his assistant, it's his players or even Mason. But you hardly ever hear him say the word, "I."

Bill Miller is the "Assistant Head Coach." It will be interesting to see how this all evolves.

Claeys was on Barreiro's show at 5:00 today and he was asked the question about whether Jerry staying in the booth could be permenant. He replied that they are just taking it week by week and Kill is taking over more of the duties each week. So that said to me that Kill will be back on the sidelines at somepoint. And likely sooner rather than later.

Coach Mason, "I always thought that the mark of a good defense..."

Just stop right there, Glen. Just stop.

He knows one when he sees one...but he never had one.

I thought Mason seemed to play up our successes, and was trying to keep his giddiness in check. That was nice to see.

He knows one when he sees one...but he never had one.

His first few years the defense was the strength of the team, until Tyrone Carter graduated, and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was Coach David Gibbs left the program.

After that, it seemed like it got worse and worse.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Good to see Coach Kill getting some air time. Just seems to be one of those good guys who can get it figured out.

Not to dog Mason or anything, but I always thought that, when in doubt, he moved his better athletes to the offensive side of the ball, which seemed to leave the defense undermanned.

If you really pay close attention, you'll notice that Coach Kill is as intelligent, insightful, pragmatic, confident and articulate as any coach in the country. This man and his staff are going to take this program to the top for many years. No matter what role he plays or how many hours he works, everyone should just leave him and his staff alone as they lift us to the top. These guys are as good as it gets in this business. We have one of, if not the number one, coaching staff in the country.

Not sure they had any other choice, but the AD and President should get credit for not making any knee jerk decisions. Kill looks much healthier and happier than 5 weeks ago. Kill always says that winning cures everything. It's obviously good for his health too. Love you Coach Kill and Co. and thank you for this joyous, fun and exciting season!

+1

His first few years the defense was the strength of the team, until Tyrone Carter graduated, and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was Coach David Gibbs left the program.

After that, it seemed like it got worse and worse.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

Gibbs was let go and Gordie Shaw was moved from defensive line coach..........to offensive line coach.

Gibbs was let go and Gordie Shaw was moved from defensive line coach..........to offensive line coach.

I don't think Gibbs was fired or anything. He became defensive backfield coach for the Broncos where his father was the offensive line coach. If I am recalling correctly, it was viewed as a promotion for Gibbs that the Gophers couldn't match.

I don't think Gibbs was fired or anything. He became defensive backfield coach for the Broncos where his father was the offensive line coach. If I am recalling correctly, it was viewed as a promotion for Gibbs that the Gophers couldn't match.

My understanding at the time was Mason and Gibbs did not get along. Gibbs had an aggressive defense that sometimes gave up big plays but also made big plays. Mason wanted a very conservative defense that would minimize big plays on both sides. Gibbs would call defensive plays that p***ed Mason off but Gibbs did it anyway. Gibbs was building a resume.

Top Bottom