Jerry Kill named BIG Coach Of The Year By Media And Coaches

I expected some excitement about this when I got on GH this morning. Unanimous COY? Wow! The ticket situation sure stole the show. JK didn't seem very happy last night on BTN Live. I wonder what the next month will be like.

Congrats to coach Kill. Well deserved for what he has done here. I agree with others that this could be a huge boost in his recruiting efforts.

Odd choice in my mind. Seems like Meyer is a no-brainer and I thought Anderson would be second.

I also thought it would be Meyer for running the table with his backup QB. That being said it is a nice honor for Kill and the team. A little good news mixed in with the season ticket pricing blowup going on right now.

It will always be tougher for a coach at a school like tOSU to win this award. If tOSU wins the B1G then they only did what was expected of them. Yeah he had to do it without Braxton Miller but again, tOSU is going to have 4* or 5* backups at the position. Wisconsin has had a good season as well, but really they are doing the same thing they always do. They beat the teams they should beat (minus northwestern). Their best win of the season is probably over us(whom they have beat how many times in a row now?)

Just watched the interview on Big10 Network. Jerry would make a good politician. Mentioned how the interest from other schools would 'help' the program at U of M; what else could that mean except all the speculation increasing the pressure for a new practice facility? Didn't say a word about how happy he was here, a lot of talk about how much hard work he and staff put in turning around the culture at UofM. Didn't fail to mention that no one had called him yet (Clintonesque non-mention about calls to his agent). Non-commital all the way around. Is he thinking of going or is he using leverage for better facilities/pay? Both.

Also on a side note Jerry didn't look that great on camera health-wise; worse I've seen him on t.v. since last year.

If Mason can give Kill a piece of good advice, it would be to trod carefully if and when he is courted for another job. A glib "Well, if the phone rings I'll answer it" line didn't seem to work so well for Mason. This town is really fickle when it comes to things like that.

I expected some excitement about this when I got on GH this morning. Unanimous COY? Wow! The ticket situation sure stole the show. JK didn't seem very happy last night on BTN Live. I wonder what the next month will be like.

That just really illustrates the pure incompetence of our athletics department. Even if I am wrong and they will be able to sell their tickets with the increased prices, they had to know that there would be sticker shock and backlash, so why would they want to bury a feel-good story like this? That, and announcing while we still have the bad taste in our mouth from watching us extend an unreasonable losing streak to our biggest rival by squandering a 17-3 lead seems illogical as well.

Many here have noted how strange Jerry was in that BTN interview - as if in a fog. I wouldn't read too much into it - maybe he was just tired.

Top Bottom