Jerelle Deberry

BuckyGopher

Reaction score
I am not sure if there has been much talk about him over here but the Gophers are showing interest in him. He only has offers from local mid major schools (he is from Milwaukee) but he is climbing Rivals list and recently came in at #147. I assume he will continue to climb because he is having a huge year for Destiny HS out of Milwaukee (averaging 25ppg +) .... think it would be smart to seriously go after this kid hard in the summer! He definitely is not a UW type player so he is not going there, but if Marquette offers it could be bad news since he plays there type of game. Anybody seen him play?

I am not sure if there has been much talk about him over here but the Gophers are showing interest in him. He only has offers from local mid major schools (he is from Milwaukee) but he is climbing Rivals list and recently came in at #147. I assume he will continue to climb because he is having a huge year for Destiny HS out of Milwaukee (averaging 25ppg +) .... think it would be smart to seriously go after this kid hard in the summer! He definitely is not a UW type player so he is not going there, but if Marquette offers it could be bad news since he plays there type of game. Anybody seen him play?
Is he a 2013 recruit? We could be looking to add another guy if Schilling choses someone else next week.

No thanks. Hope not

No thanks. Hope not

He beat up on 2013 #57 Marquette recruit Deonte Burton in their match-up. I have only seen highlight tapes, which can be decieving, but I bet his stock is going to go through the roof during the summer.

I am not sure if there has been much talk about him over here but the Gophers are showing interest in him.

Just a bit a couple months+ ago in this Diamond Stone thread

Gopher Warrior said:
Jerrelle is a Milwaukee kid. Played at Hamilton as a frosh (with Looney), been at Destiny HS in Milwaukee for the past year and a half. He used the last name 'Savage' until a couple of years ago. Had heard he needed some focus and that's why he transferred schools.. and is doing well at Destiny. Scoring around 30 ppg this year... he can fill it up.

Gophers have shown interest. He's a name to keep in mind.

He beat up on 2013 #57 Marquette recruit Deonte Burton in their match-up. I have only seen highlight tapes, which can be decieving, but I bet his stock is going to go through the roof during the summer.

Oh.. also, Jerrelle put up points on Burton for sure, but Burton I believe had 20 points, 14 rebounds and got the win 84-71.

So, if by "beat up on" means you held a guy to 20 & 14 and that guy & his team beat you by double-digits, then yes..

he transferred high schools after his freshman year-- does anyone know the reasons behind that? He was on the same team with Kevin Looney and they looked like they could have a good run for all 4 years cuz they had a point guard in that class too.

Oh.. also, Jerrelle put up points on Burton for sure, but Burton I believe had 20 points, 14 rebounds and got the win 84-71.

So, if by "beat up on" means you held a guy to 20 & 14 and that guy & his team beat you by double-digits, then yes..

Or by scoring 39 points on Burton nearly every single play, then yes that is being beat up on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR8Hxmck5AE (MU recruit #59 in 2013 is #30)

(do not know how to embed)

Deberry might be a nice player, but we have no one on the gopher coaching staff that knows how to recruit. He will list us in his final five and then choose Wisc, Iowa or Iowa State. The basketball program is broken and is need of repair. If you think this year was bad wait until this team competes next year.

Top Bottom