Jeff Walz on the Women's Game

He’s another screamer who I wish put more emphasis on sportsmanship. I watch the ACCN frequently and he is annoying. Given the portal I am surprised as many players are OK with his yelling at them. He has been very successful.

He’s another screamer who I wish put more emphasis on sportsmanship. I watch the ACCN frequently and he is annoying. Given the portal I am surprised as many players are OK with his yelling at them. He has been very successful.
Ya, he makes some good points on the women's game but I agree, overall he is annoying. His little rant wasn't received by me as inspirational but I think that was his intent. He is recognized as a good coach and I don't watch him that much, but when I do, his sideline demeanor comes off as I'm a jerk. He got Van Lith a wide open 3 after a timeout and there might have been a couple other notable moments but mostly they were out played, out schemed vs Iowa.

Iowa has way more talent, and a much deeper bench than Louisville. Iowa's backup forwards Stuelke, Ediger, O'Grady, Goodman would have all been starters at Minnesota and performed extremely well. However, they probably wouldn't have played for Whalen since they were from IA and MI.

Top Bottom