Jeff Jagodzinski released by Omaha Nighthawks

eker0016

Importer Exporter
Reaction score
So glad that Joel didn't bite on this one.

It's one and done for Jeff Jagodzinski with the Omaha Nighthawks.

The coach was let go this week as the UFL announced it will not renew Jagodzinski's contract.

The expansion franchise finished 3-5, ending the season on a four-game losing streak.

“I would like to thank coach Jeff Jagodzinski for helping to establish the Omaha Nighthawks as a member of the United Football League and for his hard work since he and I announced the expansion franchise back in April,” UFL Commissioner Michael Huyghue said. “The Nighthawks were arguably the biggest success story in sports off the field in 2010 with four straight sellouts and a buzz that engulfed the city of Omaha. But on the field the team was unable to replicate that success and as people involved with our sport appreciate, a head coach’s longevity is linked with on-field results, so we have chosen to make a change.”

Added Nighthawks general manager Rick Mueller: “I would like to thank Jeff for his time here in Omaha and the hard work he contributed to helping us build this franchise. We wish him well in his future coaching career.”

Huyghue said they are in the process of hiring a new head coach.

"We have not identified the person who will fill this position and do not expect to finalize any decisions at this time," he said. "We have numerous options and we may lose other coaches during the course of the coming months that may influence our personnel decisions, which rest with me as Commissioner. We remain committed to putting the best head coaches available on the field in 2011.”

"The Nighthawks were arguably the biggest success story in sports off the field in 2010"

I want some of what this guy's smoking.

I think this ranks right up there with my kid's performance in that one Squirt hockey tournament last February. I'm sure you all remember that. He was in a zone that none of us will ever forget where we were in 2010. 2010 will always be remembered for these big sporting success stories.

Top Bottom