Jeff Goodman on Trevor: He's become a below-the-rim guy - and its almost sad to watch

You can't really completely compare his efficiency yet to a full B1G season though. We've played below average opponents for the most part. I think he will be fine this year, but he is not yet completely back.

I guess I'll be the dissenting voice on the board and state that I think the overall theme of the article is correct. His overarching point is that Mbakwe was an uber athletic big man who was ultra explosive. He was a force inside of which there were few parallels. Currently Mbakwe is not the same player. While he is still athletic enough to play he is not a player opposing teams once feared. Perhaps he can get back to that player in the future. He believes in order for the Gophers to make a run in the tournament Mbakwe needs to regain his explosiveness. Obviously the last statement about the tournament run is an opinion but the rest of it seems fairly self evident to me.

While Goodman may have chosen his stats poorly to emphasize his point that does not mean that his point is incorrect.

Goodman's thoughts on today's game.

@GoodmanCBS: USC over Minnesota. @LetsCashThis: @GoodmanCBS what is your upset of the day

Goodman's thoughts on today's game.

@GoodmanCBS: USC over Minnesota. @LetsCashThis: @GoodmanCBS what is your upset of the day

It's official, Goodman is bizarro-Andy Katz. His strange unimpressed-ness of the Gophers can only be matched by Katz's awkward love of us. Let's just hope Goodman is as wrong about this year's team as Katz has been about the team for the past few seasons.

Things look crappy if you use "per game"...but lets take into account how many minutes he's actually playing...

Trevor in 2011-2012:
- Games: 6.5
- Minutes per game: 28.7
- Minutes played: 201
- Points per game: 14.0
- Points total: 98
- POINTS PER MINUTE in 2011-2012: 0.4876
- Rebounds per game: 9.1
- Rebounds total: 64
- REBOUNDS PER MINUTE in 2011-2012: 0.3184

Trevor in 2012-2013:
- Games: 10
- Minutes per game: 17.2
- Minutes played: 172
- Points per game: 8.4
- Points total: 84
- POINTS PER MINUTE in 2012-2013: 0.4884
- Rebounds per game: 6.7
- Rebounds total: 67
- REBOUNDS PER MINUTE in 2012-2013: 0.3895

Hmmm...is he doing better or worse?

Thanks for the stats, was something I was looking for. Stats need to be normalized to something meaningful to actually be meaningful. The per-game stats are poor since Trevor is only getting ~2/3 of the time thus far that he had last year.

As long as his knee doesn't give him a lot of trouble, I would expect his minutes to increase in B1G season. I doubt Tubby wants Trevor getting meaningless minutes in a meaningless game. He'll play big minutes in the B1G like he did in the Bahamas.

Top Bottom