Jedd Fisch reportedly a finalist for Seattle OC

Teams are fighting over Jedd Fisch. This is turning into Bizzaro World.

Go Gophers!!

We must realize that he came to Minnesota to show off to his future NFL employers.
He used Gopher players as his own demonstration chess pawns.
Fisch put his own ego and future aspirations a head of his players.
This is why I will always despise him.

We must realize that he came to Minnesota to show off to his future NFL employers.
He used Gopher players as his own demonstration chess pawns.
Fisch put his own ego and future aspirations a head of his young players.
This is why I will always despise him.

The only problem that I have with your logic is that those two goals shouldn't contradict each other. Did Fisch want to show off for future employers? Absolutely. However, that "showing off" should have meant that the Gopher offense would have thrived under Fisch. It doesn't really make sense to think that he came here to show off to future employers at the cost of the Gopher program. The problem with Fisch is that his showing off wasn't succesful like Ted Roof's was.

It's almost like Lane Kiffin - Jed hasn't benefitted from having a father in the profession, but he rivals Kiffin with regards to leveraging less success into more career advancement in a ridiculously short amount of time more than practically anybody else I can think of; it's crazy.

Reading this board I have been told Jedd is a direct descendant of the devil???

devil would have been better in the RED Zone

rikerclap.gif

The devil wouldn't have had us throwing jump balls to troy stoudemire in the end zone.

Seattle may save him from himself. At least NFL players will have some hope of understanding the brilliance that is Fisch. And if he tries to change Matt Hasselbeck's throwing motion he'll probably get popped in the mouth.

And if he tries to change Matt Hasselbeck's throwing motion he'll probably get popped in the mouth.

You are aware that he was Hasselbeck's coach this previous season, yes?

Jedd did not do a good job here!! However, he a brilliant football mind. He tried to put in an NFL type offense with college kids. Way to complicated for students, but not for full time pros. He was young and new to college and proved he was not up to it. That being said he is still a brilliant FB mind. The Fla. job would have been a good test whether he learned anything here. I'd put my money on him going back to the pros.

Fisch may end up the most successful of the Brewster hires, but he was also clearly the worst hire of the tenure strategically.

Fisch came in with no experience as a coordinator or as a teacher. Guys who never played might be good with x and o's but there is no way they can teach NCAA level skills early in their careers.

However, the real reason he was an awful hire is not his inexperience but his obvious coaching ambition. Given the revolving door of coordinators, Brewster needed a safe hire like Horton. Instead he went for a "klll shot" like Fisch.

Thus we ended up with Jedd, an inexperienced coordinator with a high likelihood of failure. However, if he succeeded, he was gone at first chance- young, wunderkid coaches always move up quick. Even worse, he interviews so well, he didn't even need success to make a lateral move to the NFL. His departure from Minnesota should be cause for caution from Golden.

Stupid, stupid (but not surprising) hire by Brew. If he goes to Miami, I think Golden will can him after a year. If he stays in Seattle he may have some success.

Top Bottom