JD PRIDE

I saw this in a tweet from Marcus yesterday, and I lol'ed when he called Indiana St. "one of the top FCS football teams". I'm not sure if this is some sort of absurdist humor that I don't understand, but Indiana St. finished 6-5 each of the last two seasons, and from 2005-2009 went 2-54, for a scintillating .036 winning percentage. Their previous coach, Lou West, lasted 3 seasons (2005-07) and was fired with a record of 1-32 (.030). He started his Indiana St. career with an 18-game losing streak, followed by a 28-22 home victory over Missouri St., and finished his Indiana St. run with a 14-game losing streak. Combined with the 6-game losing streak that ended the tenure of his predecessor, Tim McGuire, Indiana St. had a 24-game losing streak during which they lost every game played from October 9, 2004 through October 14, 2006. They went over 2 calendar years without a single win.

No comment necessary:

This young man is such a phenomenal athlete I have been told ISU doesn't know exactly where they will use him yet. Sports 10 has been told his position right now is being called "athlete". Sports 10 was told he may played a wildcat formation, some QB and possibly some receiver.

Aww, now Seantrel Henderson is going to go to Indiana State!!!

Betcha didn't know that JD Pride was the #1 recruit in Minnesota. Says so here: http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/sports/college/jd-pride-joins-isu-football-program

;)

Wow, clearly they have no clue what they are talking about. Either that or they are desperately trying to generate some sense of interest or hope. Nonetheless, JD seems like a vey good kid who was just not to going to see significant playing time at the U. I sincerely hope he does well and enjoys his time playing there.

I'm not ragging on the kid - I think he's a very good athlete and I'm confident he will excel at Indiana State. But I have to admit I was surprised to see him called the #1 recruit in the state.

Top Bottom