Jayden Pierre

bga1

Reaction score
This is the young man that makes the fall class special. He needs his own thread. Cmon Jayden! Be the part of something special. We need the floor general!

Now somebody please give some positive news on this key recruit!

This is the young man that makes the fall class special. He needs his own thread. Cmon Jayden! Be the part of something special. We need the floor general!

Now somebody please give some positive news on this key recruit!
I think we sit really well here, the momentum of the PC visit hasn't lead to a commitment and it sounds like the staff is in good here. Never know what people in the kid's circle want and which way they're pushing, who has the most pull etc, but I think with Byrd no longer visiting, Ben's going to put all of his recruiting energy into Pierre

With the crystal balls a few days back to Providence, I'm assuming he isn't coming here. But, I'm a Ben fan and want hime to succeed, and would love nothing more than to silence those naysayers a couple of months back complaining that Ben hadn't landed a "top 150 out of state talent" yet in year 1.

Reminds me too much of jellyfam with the self promotion. Making posts designed to see which fanbase will kiss his arse the most. If he ends up a Gopher, cool. Good player

Pierre would be a good "get," but I am hearing/reading that Taison Chatman - a 2023 kid at Totino-Grace - is considered to be a better/higher-rated prospect at PG.

so, if Johnson can't get Pierre to commit, then he has to really go "all-in" on Chatman.

Maybe try to land a grad transfer/portal transfer who could play the point for a year as a stop-gap?

Pretty sure if I was building a roster, I'd want a pair and a spare when it comes to point guards.
It depends on your offense, it depends who you have for other players...if you got a LeBron type forward then it becomes less of an issue...one might be enough if you have combo wings.
I just know it is REALLY hard to win if you can't initiate the offense or get the ball across the 10 second line versus pressure and on and on if you don't have a ball handler....no matter the reason: because you just don't have one or two got hurt.
The other team WILL exploit your weaknesses.

I don't see why any PG would want to go to Providence right now. They have something like five PGs already on their roster, plus another PG in their commit list. Unless their plan is to have a starting five of all point guards on the floor, Jayden is going to have a hard time getting some minutes.

Pierre would be a good "get," but I am hearing/reading that Taison Chatman - a 2023 kid at Totino-Grace - is considered to be a better/higher-rated prospect at PG.

so, if Johnson can't get Pierre to commit, then he has to really go "all-in" on Chatman.

Maybe try to land a grad transfer/portal transfer who could play the point for a year as a stop-gap?
What Pierre does has nothing to do with how hard he'll go after Chatman. He's all in on Chatman already.

Well that hurts. Feels like a lot of that positive momentum is lost. Still waiting on that first big recruiting battle win for Johnson.

Thanks for the consideration Jayden. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Let's keep moving. Like all others moving to the college level they are unproven prospects. There will be other good options down the road.

Not surprised, you could tell he had an extra level respect for Providence coaches, and its closer to home in the East.

Potential PG transfers after this season should find Williams Arena an attractive landing spot.

Top Bottom