Jay Paterno quote:

The real story may never be told for all the world to see. Joe Pa did what he was required to do by informing his superiors of the incident. If he should have done more, then it highlights the fact that he was a real human being faced with an unexpected, uninvited, and unreal circumstance. Yes, a flaw in the story of ones life, but still, the ledger of his life proves that the world is a better because of him. Turns out Joe Pa was not perfect, but he did right by most. I hope I can say as much when my story is told.

OK, I'm making my last post on the matter, as if you care. I am not a perfect man--but without judgement, there is chaos. Without judgement, no decisions can ever be made.

This whole thing stinks to holy hell. JoePa knew. What, it matters not. He "de-commissioned" Sandusky, but nothing more. He still had an office and access to the program, but was not a part of it. Why the hell would that be? McQueary was promoted faster than any other grad assistant in the history of JoePa's regime. Was McQueary the greatest PSU assistant of all time? Doesn't appear so. How the hell did that happen? Because he exposed Sandusky and saved the program? No--to shut McQueary up.

Lastly, the PSU board saw all the evidence. No one other than the police and the courts have seen what they have seen. They acted as they did because they know exactly what a grand jury knew when the charges were filed. It was not a rash decision to fire JoePa, but a reaction to the sworn evidence. Everything said publicly since by all parties involved likely pales in comparison to what will be presented in court.

The collective PSU's and the Paternos' "pain" is irrelevant in the face of what happened to the victims of a system that took care of its own. Cry for the victims, not the enablers.

Top Bottom