Jay Johnson new OC at MSU

Seemed to improve the offense the 1 year he was OC here.

2015- Limegrover- 22.5 ppg
2016- Jay Johnson - 29.3 ppg
2017- K.C. - 22.1 ppg

Yeah Jay wasn't in place to really know.

I feel like it is hard not to improve a little over the previous OC he followed who felt RUTM was our only choice vs Kent St.

R. Burns reported that Johnson had almost no say in the offense when at the U. I recall JJ was not happy how it played out under Claeys.

R. Burns reported that Johnson had almost no say in the offense when at the U. I recall JJ was not happy how it played out under Claeys.

Don't recall that at all. Who was running the offense then because it 100% was not Claeys. Claeys was a defensive guy to the core and there is no way he would have been running things. So if it wasn't Johnson then who was it?

Don't recall that at all. Who was running the offense then because it 100% was not Claeys. Claeys was a defensive guy to the core and there is no way he would have been running things. So if it wasn't Johnson then who was it?
I think it was Marc Trestman or Mike Hohensee.

Yeah the idea that Jay "had almost no say in the offense" seems ... weird, at the very least.

It was being run by a Claeys burner account

Seemed to improve the offense the 1 year he was OC here.

2015- Limegrover- 22.5 ppg
2016- Jay Johnson - 29.3 ppg
2017- K.C. - 22.1 ppg

2017 isn't really relevant to this since the QB situation was drastically different. Johnson did seem to do a decent job in his 1 year here but he was just caught up in the transition Claeys to Fleck.

I think it was Marc Trestman or Mike Hohensee.

Don't forget Dungy, maybe he had a hand in things as well. I am honestly curious on this one if it is true because I really can't think of who would have been running the offense in 2016 outside of the guy Claeys hired to do the job. Was Kill secretly moonlighting as our OC in 2016 and we didn't know it? :)

Don't forget Dungy, maybe he had a hand in things as well. I am honestly curious on this one if it is true because I really can't think of who would have been running the offense in 2016 outside of the guy Claeys hired to do the job. Was Kill secretly moonlighting as our OC in 2016 and we didn't know it? :)

You want to know who was really running the Gopher Offense ...

2017 isn't really relevant to this since the QB situation was drastically different. Johnson did seem to do a decent job in his 1 year here but he was just caught up in the transition Claeys to Fleck.

Didn't you hear Burns, Claeys was running that offense. He was an even better coach than we thought!!!!

Didn't you hear Burns, Claeys was running that offense. He was an even better coach than we thought!!!!
I have to admit that that idea that Claeys was secretly running the offense is quite humorous; however, Jerry Kill was hired as an OC after his time here, so...............

I have to admit that that idea that Claeys was secretly running the offense is quite humorous; however, Jerry Kill was hired as an OC after his time here, so...............

I'm liking this Kill as secret OC theory. It does make sense as to why he was able to land an OC job after he unretired.

That or perhaps we should be looking for the one armed man or perhaps the man with 6 fingers on one hand....Can't rule anyone out at this point.

I'm liking this Kill as secret OC theory. It does make sense as to why he was able to land an OC job after he unretired.

That or perhaps we should be looking for the one armed man or perhaps the man with 6 fingers on one hand....Can't rule anyone out at this point.

That will forever be weird to me.

Like hire Jerry sure that makes sense.... but not as an OC. Honestly I'd put anyone else in that spot ... and just put Jerry somewhere else.

That will forever be weird to me.

Like hire Jerry sure that makes sense.... but not as an OC. Honestly I'd put anyone else in that spot ... and just put Jerry somewhere else.
So basically it could have been just like his new position at TCU where he's running the offense even though he's not the OC and not an on the field coach...

Maybe Limegrover was just a front and Kill was the OC the entire time. . .

just check out Gopher Illustrated. I should amend it was surrounding selecting on field offensive talent.

Well lakeville will now be a MSU lean for their players

Top Bottom