Jay Bilas: Detain them and cite them. (Video)

Bilas is out of his mind on this one. Know way any team would try to do this, what a mess.

I am probably in the minority here, but I want it both ways. Protect the players and let the crowd have their way. I don't think it is necessary for the fans to get on the court the second the clock strikes 0:00. Security/Schools/Fans can all work together for 30 seconds to let the players clear the court. Opposing players should be smart enough to know what is coming and get off the field as quick as possible - no handshake, nothing, just exit.

Even in the video of the Wisconsin game above, majority of security was around the Wisconsin bench and locker room entrance. Let them get off the field safely and avoid confrontation.

It was a fake injury caused by him trying to trip one of the students as they ran past, anyway.

They’re still trying to generate clickbait off this??

That’s all sports media is now. Look at me clickbait.
If he tried to trip one, then he should be charged. And of course suspended pending investigation. Take that Bilas!

It was a fake injury caused by him trying to trip one of the students as they ran past, anyway.

Filipowski aside, there have been major injuries as a result of court storming. Obviously Bilas was over the top, but to act like there isn't a reason to be concerned with court/field stormings is equally as absurd.

Filipowski aside, there have been major injuries as a result of court storming. Obviously Bilas was over the top, but to act like there isn't a reason to be concerned with court/field stormings is equally as absurd.

I'm sure it's happened but I don't recall major injuries? Unless you count me damn near breaking my let jumping onto filed after Penn St. in 2019;)

I'm sure it's happened but I don't recall major injuries? Unless you count me damn near breaking my let jumping onto filed after Penn St. in 2019;)
Yeah that jump looked shorter than it was ...

I hope Bilas was referring to poor officiating.

Obviously Bilas was over the top, but to act like there isn't a reason to be concerned with court/field stormings is equally as absurd.
As long as the opposing team is given reasonable amount of time to get off the field/court, then there is no concern.

Freak accident.

We aren't going to ban driving in cars, either.
I'm not calling for a ban on storming the court, I'm simply saying there is reason to have some concern and want to have rules in place on court storming. We also have rules that govern how we can behave behind the wheel of a car for this reason.

There's other reasons why your car example is a dumb equivalency but I think I addressed it sufficiently already.

Throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Honestly, it's a spontaneous event. How is going to work trying to delay the court storming?

Honestly, it's a spontaneous event. How is going to work trying to delay the court storming?
Try to delay it / hold back the crowd and you might get people seriously hurt.

Have a security team in place … to protect the opposing team!

Not to prevent (or delay) the unpreventable.

Have a security team in place … to protect the opposing team!

Not to prevent (or delay) the unpreventable.
That may be the most practical solution. You only have 5 players on the court from the visiting team when the buzzer sounds. You assign your 5 or 10 biggest, toughest security people to be "bodyguards" for those players immediately when the game is over to get them safely off the court.

Not that I approve, but with the advent of social media their job kinda went the way of the blacksmith. Teams and players can post their own content without needing a reporter and we can access, report, and talk about that content without needing a reporter to give it to us.

They should just go away...but they know clickbait is their last straw, so....

I didn't see that. I saw a guy trying to protect himself against a mob running right towards him.

Not that I approve, but with the advent of social media their job kinda went the way of the blacksmith. Teams and players can post their own content without needing a reporter and we can access, report, and talk about that content without needing a reporter to give it to us.

They should just go away...but they know clickbait is their last straw, so....
Yeah team media stuff still needs a lot of work but I prefer it to other things.

Timberwolves have a pregame bit where they talk plays / strategy sometimes, it's some of the best basketball content out there. Totally a team product, and something no rando trib writer would write about or maybe even understand ...

Manwhile I LOATHE the never ending meta cycle of sports news. It is easier to fill content with BS / meta discussion or drama rather than talk about the actual game, real stats ... etc. So that's what they do.

Last edited:

And gets for clicks and views, which is now the end all be all because that’s how they get paid.

Crappy system

I scaled down the wall in our section with no problems. My buddy decided to jump after watching me. He still complains to this day about the pain it caused.

Citations don’t work. Maim or kill or GTFO with these suggestions.

The basketball courts should be fashioned into one large trap door into a locked dungeon. We lock and enclose these culprits and they must grab a citation and a coupon for a Red Baron pizza to exit.

All Red Baron pizzas bought with the coupon will donate $1 to our NIL Fund.

Two birds. One stone.

Top Bottom