Jaxon Howard lists Gophers in final four

If we lose a player because they decided to chase the handout so be it. The reality is we are never going to be in a position to toss money around like some places so if that means we lose the me first guys looking for paydays then that is just something we have to deal with.

To be clear, I don't get the sense that Jaxon is making his decision based on who pays him the most even though lots of fans want to assume that is the only thing recruits care about in this current climate.
The Gophers will remain true to what they do best. That is making men out of boys who will have core values that will guide them long after college.

Maybe just a perception issue on my part, but any time a MN high school basketball player lists MN, with schools like North Carolina, Duke, and Kentucky as his finalists, I assume the MN “finalist” status is lip service until he decides between his blue blood options. Likewise, when a MN HS football player narrows his choices down to schools like USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, and MN… same thing. As long as MN is supposedly in the running, they comfort the locals.

I hope this becomes an exception to the pattern that has formed my opinion on this. Every kid is different and I have no idea how seriously Howard is considering the Gophers. But, if my hunch is right, KARE 11 should keep their live broadcast cameras far away from his hat table.
Think some of that comes from the recency of the whole Chet Holmgren thing where he listed us as a possible destination but there was not a chance in he!! that he was coming here. Not sure if some of the other big shots like Suggs or Jones did the same thing.

I just don't think it is fair to lump Jaxon in with what others have done in the past because he hasn't given off any impression of just stringing us along. Jaxon reminds me way more of Carter Coughlin than some of the other guys with big time offers that have gone elsewhere.

Also we should all be aware that it's possible that Jaxon Howard will go somewhere else, but still did consider Minnesota.

Top Bottom