Jarvis Johnson Commits to the U of M #SkiUMah

Now that it is official welcome to the University of Minnesota Jarvis and hopefully you are the one to start the trend of Minnesotans staying home for college.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Could tell from the presser that Jarvis was a little overwhelmed by the occasion. Happy for him and his family. Seems like a big weight was lifted once he donned the maroon and gold cap. Congrats Jarvis! We're all looking forward to seeing you take the court at the Barn in the future! :D

You could see/feel the genuine happiness in the crowd for this kid in choosing to stay home. Sure, they want to see all local recruits do well, but now they get to see him do well in MAROON AND GOLD! He stays as one of our own. This felt even better, as a fan, after the Reid announcement. First step of many to keeping the best talent in the metro in Dinkytown

RyanAngry.jpg

Is that maybe a typo and should be "was told he'd never play again" (i.e. he beat the odds), or is Jarvis basically going against doctors' orders? Yikes.

@GopherHole: Jarvis said it was fun hanging out w Zach Lofton on the recruiting trip. Lofton coming to U gave Jarvis another reason to play for #Gophers.

Let the pipeline commence... (Amir, Trent, mar, etc.)
Welcome JJ, glad you made the right choice.
Can't wait to see u in maroon me gold.

@GopherHole: Jarvis said it was fun hanging out w Zach Lofton on the recruiting trip. Lofton coming to U gave Jarvis another reason to play for #Gophers.

Let the pipeline commence... (Amir, Trent, mar, etc.)
Welcome JJ, glad you made the right choice.
Can't wait to see u in maroon me gold.

Tell that to Galt

I will always remember this day, and will never forget Jarvis committed to the U within minutes of AP being indicted on child abuse.

Who would have thought that possible?

STFU Reid and concentrate on whatever offense they run in Palo Alto. Welcome to the University of Minnesota, Jarvis, we're thrilled to have you and sincerely appreciate you being the guy who can cause all the other local kids to dream about being a Gopher!

Please be good friends with Amir. Please be good friends with Amir.

STFU Reid and concentrate on whatever offense they run in Palo Alto. Welcome to the University of Minnesota, Jarvis, we're thrilled to have you and sincerely appreciate you being the guy who can cause all the other local kids to dream about being a Gopher!

Agree. Reid Travis is the last person that should be talking about Gopher commitments.

Agreed. I don't care about Reid's thoughts on the Gophers' offense or anything else, to be honest. Now Jarvis? Jarvis is my boy now. I hope he rediscovers his shooting stroke and shows all the doubters wrong.

Top Bottom