Jamison Battle to enter the Transfer Portal

For those saying this is about money, who on earth is paying for the name, image and likeness rights to a player like Jamison Battle? How is NIL considered a factor here?

It’s piling on now. But the optics are not good.

Yes, optics aren't so great but the piling on is disgusting. He's either going to do significantly better next season or he's a dead man walking right now. I don't see the point of piling on, jeering, and pissing on dead man walking.

For those saying this is about money, who on earth is paying for the name, image and likeness rights to a player like Jamison Battle? How is NIL considered a factor here?
Apparently some schools have so much $$ every player gets some.

Is he ready to be a 6th man?? Because thats the best he is on any team with a pulse
This is accurate. He's a 6th or 7th man on a good mid-major team.

He's slow, plays no defense, cannot rebound, and needs help getting his shot.

I'm not worried about losing what he contributed to a 2 win Big Ten team.

4 - look at Tony’s chart for clarification
We were full a month ago. Since then Evans backed out and Henley, Thompson, Cooper and Battle have gone into the portal. That's 5. He's giving Ramberg a scholarship next year but he's not assured of one, though he'll likely get one since we won't find 5 guys to fill them.

Hoky fuck. I mean, come on.

"Must. Defend. Johnson."

I was expressing an opinion on Battle, not Ben Johnson, pinhead. I definitely don't think he would start on St. Marys of California and I'm surprised that anyone would be confident of that.

We were full a month ago. Since then Evans backed out and Henley, Thompson, Cooper and Battle have gone into the portal. That's 5.

The only one we didn't have a strong expectation of leaving was Henley. I liked the guy and wish he would have stayed but he didn't exactly set the world on fire here even by freshman standards.

We were full a month ago. Since then Evans backed out and Henley, Thompson, Cooper and Battle have gone into the portal. That's 5. He's giving Ramberg a scholarship next year but not the year after, which is random. He's not assured of one in either year.
Not to mention if Will Fucking Ramberg is still eating a scholarship next year that's reason enough, in and of itself, to can Johnson

Ok. I think Payne and Garcia are going to be terrific next year. It's just my opinion. I don't have a crystal ball.
Terrific? If Ben Johnson is going to make it to year 4 they will need to be better than terrific. The will need to be 1st Team All-Americans.

:)

Ben is either going to hang himself or redeem himself with what happens this spring and in summer development. All we can do is let this play out now. I have said a lot about how this hire wasn't the right one, but he's here, he's a good guy and it isn't over yet. The core we have is not bad, I think it is a better mix than what we played with last year, assuming development, decent health and some additions at the guard.
Careful... Your mentioning a black man and hanging in the same sentence.... Someone here will take offence...

Yes, optics aren't so great but the piling on is disgusting. He's either going to do significantly better next season or he's a dead man walking right now. I don't see the point of piling on, jeering, and pissing on dead man walking.
WHY TF is it mandated we need to endure a year with a dead man walking as head coach?

And if it IS mandated, why TF should I be ok with that?

I was expressing an opinion on Battle, not Ben Johnson, pinhead. I definitely don't think he would start on St. Marys of California and I'm surprised that anyone would be confident of that.
Youre a moron.

We were full a month ago.
Counting Ramberg then.
Since then Evans backed out and Henley, Thompson, Cooper and Battle have gone into the portal. That's 5. He's giving Ramberg a scholarship next year
Not counting Ramberg next season.
but he's not assured of one,
Whilst there is no evidence Howard that he won’t get one either.
though he'll likely get one since we won't find 5 guys to fill them.
Your Random Rambering; maybe that CPA exam isn’t that hard, after all.

You methodology is incongruent, as you are making assumptions not in evidence, while I am simply extending what it already in place.
Semantic away bro 😎

Perhaps, but then there are also redneck jackasses like yourself who will make a joke out of it.
You need to go watch some Richard Pryor... Or basically any comedian from before 2020 when your pansy ass little bitches got butt hurt by EVERYTHING... Those panties of yours are in such a bunch you ain't ever getting those skidmarks out

Counting Ramberg then.

You methodology is incongruent, as you are making assumptions not in evidence, while I am simply extending what it already in place.
Semantic away bro 😎
Some guys rationalize wildly when they've tied themselves to a sinking ship.

Witness this guy.

Way too early to make assumptions like that. Johnson has actually brought in some decent transfers in the 2 years he has been here. There have been some duds as well but it isn't like every transfer he has brought in has turned out like the guys you mentioned.
The difference between "has brought in" and now is the potential transferee has seen what cbj is capable of and the chances of coach being around more than 1 year is slim.

Counting Ramberg then.

Semantic away bro 😎
My methodology is fine. We were full. Evans and Christie were taking the current scholarships held by Samuels and Ramberg next year. Since then 5 players who had eligibility to play next year have left the program. Nothing has changed about Ramberg's status in the interim except twitter guy putting him on a chart.

My methodology is fine. We were full. Evans and Christie were taking the current scholarships held by Samuels and Ramberg next year. Since then 5 players who had eligibility to play next year have left the program. Nothing has changed about Ramberg's status in the interim except twitter guy putting him on a chart.
1679007584614.jpeg

So is Ben a bs’er or what? Remember when Ben said he expects everyone back next year? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

The difference between "has brought in" and now is the potential transferee has seen what cbj is capable of and the chances of coach being around more than 1 year is slim.
This is by far the best nucleus he has had to recruit to. By far. Now is his record abysmal? It is indeed and he will have to sell past the issue.

Top Bottom