Jamison Battle to enter the Transfer Portal

THe teams with good NIL money to offer hes gonna hve to be willing to be 6th or 7th man at best to play at.

Look at the 1-3 seeds. There is not a starting lineup he cracks.

And without looking at all of them, probably not a top 6.
i have a hard time believing he wouldnt start on St. Marys or SDSU

I'd imagine this doesn't bode well for Amaya staying either. If Jamison was going pro and leaving I'd say there's a better chance, but the fact that it's just a transfer makes me think Amaya is gone too.
I’m still hopeful she is waiting to see who will be the new coach. Braun, Heyer, Czinano n Holloway all coming back may help.

He already indicated he wasn’t coming back. It sounds like he is exploring all his options. Probably wants to see what’s out there for NIL as compared to pro opportunities. The top transfers are reportedly getting way more in NIL than G league salaries but I wouldn’t think Battle would command top dollar. I don’t think he works very well at the 3 and the Gophs really don’t have minutes at the 4 available for him anyway.

I don't blame him, he was forced to play out of position all season and it really hurt his stock. He also probably looks at the roster and sees 14 other PFs and knows that he will continue to have to be a wing here.

He wasn't great this year but this is a major issue symbolically. It's a local player who came here, was forced to play out of position, and regressed. It's a failure at every turn (roster structure, player retention, player development).

Payne for sure !!!
Garcia loving all these departures !!!

Those are 5 seeds in mid major conferences. Who also likely are not offering NIL.

So I guess if his hope is to go, be a 3rd option in the MW and hope to make the tourney and win a game. Good luck.

Way too early to make assumptions like that. Johnson has actually brought in some decent transfers in the 2 years he has been here. There have been some duds as well but it isn't like every transfer he has brought in has turned out like the guys you mentioned.
Garcia choose MN so he could play right away.... I personally can't/won't/don't say Ben beat out others for his services.. battle and Willis are his best 2 transfers.. not any other one would even be 6th man on any other B1G squad...

Depending on which all-encompassing advanced metric (BPM, Torvik's PRPG, etc) you perfer, he rates as something like the 7th or 8th best player on either of those teams. Maaaybe a weaker or less balanced team like Miami.

This just reads like massive mid-major bias

Garcia choose MN so he could play right away.... I personally can't/won't/don't say Ben beat out others for his services.. battle and Willis are his best 2 transfers.. not any other one would even be 6th man on any other B1G squad...

Yeah Garcia cant count as any win. He told the gophers no twice and came back when he had no other option.

LIterally, didnt even look anywhere else.

Garcia will be happy now !!!
He'll get all plays run for him & freedom to gun up 20 plus shots per game.
I ALWAYS SAY, EVEN ON A BAD TEAM
SOMEBODY GETS TO FILL THE STAT SHEET @!! 😆
Who says Garcia won’t be next and why not. He could probably land on a pretty good team unless there is some rule prohibiting him from entering the portal.

Who says Garcia won’t be next and why not. He could probably land on a pretty good team unless there is some rule prohibiting him from entering the portal.
He’s transferred twice in three years. Only a sit out option is available unless he has a degree.

I’m still hopeful she is waiting to see who will be the new coach. Braun, Heyer, Czinano n Holloway all coming back may help.
I bet she can make a decision independent of what her brother does. They are not going as a package deal.

Garcia is restricted from another transfer, so that makes it unlikely. If there's more, it's probably Payne or Christie asking for a release IMO. Either would be completely lethal to Ben.

3 transfers in 3 years.... That's the problem

Yeah Garcia cant count as any win. He told the gophers no twice and came back when he had no other option.

LIterally, didnt even look anywhere else.
It was the only school he could go to without having to sit out - he already used the portal the year before. It's probably the only reason he isn't leaving now too.

I don't blame him, he was forced to play out of position all season and it really hurt his stock. He also probably looks at the roster and sees 14 other PFs and knows that he will continue to have to be a wing here.

He wasn't great this year but this is a major issue symbolically. It's a local player who came here, was forced to play out of position, and regressed. It's a failure at every turn (roster structure, player retention, player development).
My primary concern as well. Bleeding players year-after-year isn't a good look. Also agree that coaching staffs need to find ways to put their players in the best position to succeed. I thought the team would be much better (not a tourney team, but not a doormat) than it was this year. Lots of reasons, of course, but things need to at least stabilize and then improve.

i'm am working under the assumption that CBJ will once again struggle to get a full 13
We will hand scholarships to the walk-on types and probably a mix in an Ogele-level player and be told by Ben-apologists how isn't looking for a quick fix and he's the coach and we're not, so he's right and we're wrong.

Let me see if I have this straight. We get on this message board and rip a player that doesnt play good. Then we rip the player because he wants to leave. Then we rip the program for letting the player that we’ve ripped on for not playing good, leave. I think Ive got it now.

What’s the risk of letting Ben go now? Only financial with buyout? If any other key players leave, it certainly appears he has lost the locker room. Building requires guys willing to put up with the growing pains. Hopefully we have some of those guys.

Did something earth shaking happen here? Didn't we expect this? If we lose anyone else that will be very bad. But for now, this is the settling out of what we expected. Now we go get some players. Ben is up against the clock. I hope he gets it done.

Let me see if I have this straight. We get on this message board and rip a player that doesnt play good. Then we rip the player because he wants to leave. Then we rip the program for letting the player that we’ve ripped on for not playing good, leave. I think Ive got it now.
It’s piling on now. But the optics are not good.

Top Bottom