Jamie Trachsel In trouble, allegations from former Gophers player, team went to Coyle 5-10 times

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Thirteen people connected with the Ole Miss softball program have confirmed to Running Poles that a Title IX investigation has been launched after allegations of assistant coach Katie Rietkovich Browder having an affair with a student-athlete came to light.

In a letter obtained by Running Poles that was sent to Athletic Director Keith Carter on July 29, accused head coach Jamie Trachsel of “covering up a sexual misconduct scandal involving two super seniors and a female assistant coach.”

According to the letter, the two seniors were in a relationship and one took screenshots of text messages exchanged between her girlfriend and their assistant coach. She then printed out the screenshots and taped them to the coach’s computer in her office.

The letter goes on to accuse Trachsel of knowing about the affair and bribing the players involved with scholarship money to remain quiet.m

Later in article:

A former Minnesota student-athlete who played for Trachsel in 2019 spoke with Running Poles on the phone but wished to remain anonymous out of fear of retaliation.

“Honestly, it was in spite of her that we made it to the Women’s College World Series that year,” she said. “The most heartbreaking part about it was that we would win and win and win then we would just sigh and wonder what was going to happen with our coach because nobody was going to hear us if we kept winning.”

The former Gopher said players, including her, went to Athletic Director Mark Coyle between five and 10 times about the mental abuse Trachsel was putting them through.

“When I went and talked to Coyle, he seemed concerned but his big thing that he kept saying was, ‘I can’t find this in the rule book,” she continued. “He said he needed to find something and prove something that was in the rule book for him to do anything about it so it really went unnoticed. I’m sure he didn’t want to fire a winning coach and someone who technically wasn’t breaking the rules.”

At one point, half the Minnesota team was seeing a sports psychologist according to the player and because of that, the university made sure someone from compliance was watching over the practice hours and listening to how she spoke to the team.

“She changed her demeanor but when she wanted to say something that she didn’t want them to hear, she would lower her voice and it was always our fault that she had to lower her voice,” she said. “It was our fault that she had to cut practice and it was our fault that we couldn’t be at practice an hour early. It was our fault that she was being watched and babysat. She expected us to follow her rules but it was our fault that she had to face consequences for breaking the rules. It was really scary.”

Go Gophers!!

That story is amazing… almost too amazing to believe. I mean that blog post has everything but the kitchen sink. It has abuse of power, 2020 presidential election politics, affairs with college athletes, international relations and the Olympics. I mean what a story!

That was my first guess. Maybe Burns?… maybe even Fiser?
Given Partain’s current connection to the Gopher program; I doubt she would feel comfortable with that leak of inside information… but I sure could be wrong.

The anonymous Gopher seems to me to be adept at speaking English; probably at least a fair student.

Trachsel's behavior with her players at the U has been well documented, so I'm not going to rehash it here. What I can say is that Emma Burns' decision to leave was directly related to Trachsel. And I think several other players left because of her as well. Taking all of that into consideration, I figured it'd only be a matter of time before she had problems at Ole Miss.

So, the "Old Girls" network is no better than the "Old Boys" network?

Why would it be? Human nature is as it is. Power corrupts and it takes incredible willpower and training in acting virtuously everyday to at least moderate and mitigate the corrupting influences of that power.
But that's not what Chris Voellz and the feminists at the U in the 1980s promised us. They said they would be better. Are you telling me that social justice is a lie,

Last edited:

But that's not what Chris Voellz and the feminists at the U in the 1980s promised us. They said they would be better. Are you telling me that social justice is a lie,
It's likely best taken as a lesson in semantics in which 'better' is best interpreted as 'less bad.'

This is the second time that Coyle has avoided problems by the coach taking another job. Don't forget the trouble Stollings got into at Texas Tech.

It's likely best taken as a lesson in semantics in which 'better' is best interpreted as 'less bad.'
So basically changing the "oppressor" but not the oppressive behavior. Typical.

Or: meaning the corruption won't end, but it'll be less corrupt.
Because your ox isn't getting gored and that's the point. Who cares if other oxes are getting gored because yours isn't anymore.

”Chris Voelz and the feminists”? lol
I listed to a lot of Sid Hartman Sunday morning radio at that time. I would bet big money… maybe all the money… that Ewert86PC was a listener as well. And I do not write this as some kind of hit or anything.

So basically changing the "oppressor" but not the oppressive behavior. Typical.
Not a news flash that power and money can corrupt both men and women. I think if you look at the overall incidence of psychological, physical, emotional and sexual abuse in sports the " oppressor " is more frequently male. These behaviors are disgusting and I am always glad whenever the perpetrators are punished.

She'll get in trouble again. It's only a matter of time.

Probably; but I can honestly say I hope she does not get in trouble again.

I support native Minnesota women making good and doing well. I am just glad “our” honorary Minnesota woman made good is Coach Piper Ritter.

Probably; but I can honestly say I hope she does not get in trouble again.

I support native Minnesota women making good and doing well. I am just glad “our” honorary Minnesota woman made good is Coach Piper Ritter.
Trachsel is a terrible person. Can't support her unconditionally.

Top Bottom