Jamel Harbison

dpodoll68

Elite Poster
Reaction score
I noticed that he's on the front page of GI today. Says he's close to a decision, and I noticed in his profile that he's scheduled a visit for the weekend of the NMSU game. If he's close, and we're his only official visit scheduled, it has to be us, right?

Rivals says his final four are us, East Carolina, Vandy, and Wake. Also has offers from NC St., Virginia, and West Virginia. It seems rather strange that his three most "prestigious" offers also happen to all be in his also-rans. I guess that can't do anything but help us.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Jamel-Harbison-119844

Just as a cross-reference, his offer list on Scout looks even better: they list South Carolina, Virginia Tech, and Clemson among his tenders.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5206951

O'Connell had this Yesterday:

MattOConnellGI Matt O'Connell
#Gophers are in the top two for NC WR Jamel Harbison. He plans to commit in the next ten days.

In the article he says hist top two are Minnesota and Vandy. Those are the two schools that he is really focusing on. At Vanderbilt he sees he can get an Ivy League type education and play SEC football. At Minnesota he has the whole package. He love the coaches and the system that we run. He said Coach Z thinks he can come in and play right away and make a big impact. He will be taking my official visit to Minnesota on September 10th. He thinks he will be taking all of his official visits just to ensure that he made the right choice, but his commitment will be solid.

Nice offer list. The kind of kid we need to get on board.

I can't see the Killer taking his verbal and letting him make those visits.

I can't see the Killer taking his verbal and letting him make those visits.

I can't either. Plus it makes no sense when he says once he commits his commitment will be solid, yet he plans on taking his officials to make sure? Kill will not be okay with that.

I can't either. Plus it makes no sense when he says once he commits his commitment will be solid, yet he plans on taking his officials to make sure? Kill will not be okay with that.

Free vacation. No matter how much you want to say he should be committed to X or shouldn't waste Y's time, it's still a paid vacation for him at the end of the day.

Free vacation. No matter how much you want to say he should be committed to X or shouldn't waste Y's time, it's still a paid vacation for him at the end of the day.

Of course it is, but by Kills standards he has set for incoming recruits, if you feel like you still need to take visits after you have committed than you really shouldn't be committing yourself to the program yet. I'm not sure if I remember reading this in an article but I thought I read how he wouldn't even accept a verbal if the player was still going to take official visits elsewhere.

are we taking three wr's in this class then? Fruechte + Harbison + McDonald? I think in the end McDonald will want to be the hometown hero and realize that he doesn't wanna miss the boat on the Gopher Football team eventually turning it around.

We are also high on Chance Allen's list. A definite possibility. If we lose McDonald, he would be a pretty good get.

Top Bottom