Jamal -Ellijah-Teague

Doc1001

Reaction score
I dont see him on the roster anymore but i dont remember ever seeing anything official that he was leaving. Anyone have any information on him? He was a highly rated commit a few years back.

Taking a wild guess he transferred out, considering all the DT depth that came in.

He didn't play in 2020 (not sure if he opted out or what, don't recall).

Played only a bit roll as a true freshman in 2018 and as a true soph in 2019: https://gophersports.com/sports/football/roster/jamaal-teague/18369

EDIT: was this the guy that was rumored to have decided to retire from football?

I dont see him on the roster anymore but i dont remember ever seeing anything official that he was leaving. Anyone have any information on him? He was a highly rated commit a few years back.
There was speculation based off Twitter posts that he was "bumped" off the team. No one really knew why but there were some cryptic Twitter posts alluding to it.

Darn! Seemed like a prototype DT. Oh well. Best of luck to him!

He got time on the field IIRC?

Didn't go transfer portal?

I had thought he medically retired

but not sure. Don't think he transferred

Was he the one who was going through some mental health issues or am I thinking of another player (not Shannon Brooks)?

Curtis Dunlap was having Covid-related issues. He entered the Transfer Portal but changed his mind.

Several players were dealing with mental issues during the pandemic. Coach Fleck aged five years dealing with his players.

I'm pretty sure he opted out of 2020. Don't know if it was covid, or if he was planning to quit football before, or if the staff "convinced" him to medically retire. Based on the linkedin above, it appears he's still at the U for school and pursuing other things in life, so the medical retirement would make sense.

If so, good for him and wish him the best of luck!

Just seeing the name "Teague" freaks me out.

I'm pretty sure he opted out of 2020. Don't know if it was covid, or if he was planning to quit football before, or if the staff "convinced" him to medically retire. Based on the linkedin above, it appears he's still at the U for school and pursuing other things in life, so the medical retirement would make sense.

If so, good for him and wish him the best of luck!
LinkedIn is not always up to date. So who knows what his status is.

Top Bottom