Jah Joyner was held on that last play

StormWatch08

Reaction score
I watched the replay of Koi's INT on the game's last play and USC's RT committed an obvious hold on Jah Joyner. Turned out to be a non-factor with the INT, thankfully.

He was held repeatedly n close 2 being tackled on a few plays. I get that holding occurs often but if the zebras at least called it a few times when we play the highly ranked teams it would help.

He was held repeatedly n close 2 being tackled on a few plays. I get that holding occurs often but if the zebras at least called it a few times when we play the highly ranked teams it would help.
Yeah it does seem that calling a few early helps set the expectation.

Holding is typically not what people actually think holding is.

Is he slowed down?
Is there an actual tug of the uniform?
Is he taken to the ground?
Does it affect the play?
Is he just overpowered?

Just a few to think about

Just watched it. It’s questionable for sure. Might get called if the QB isn’t rushed and releases the ball.

Just went to re-watch that play and yes, looks like holding.

There was a really similar holding the Vikings game today that didn't get called. It didn't end up mattering because I think we got the sack anyway, but the ref looked like he was looking right at it and still didn't throw a flag.

Holding is typically not what people actually think holding is.

Mmmm. Interesting take.

I've been a football fan for a year or two, and maybe I have an inflated opinion of my own football acumen but think I have a pretty good understanding of what holding is.

Sometimes they call it, sometimes they don't and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to when they call it and when they don't.

Jah Joyner was a force to be reckoned with last night, and, yes, I seem to recall seeing him getting grabbed rather obviously on several plays.

If I had to block him, I'd probably hold every play and hope they missed it. The guy is a beast.

Mmmm. Interesting take.

I've been a football fan for a year or two, and maybe I have an inflated opinion of my own football acumen but think I have a pretty good understanding of what holding is.

Sometimes they call it, sometimes they don't and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to when they call it and when they don't.

Jah Joyner was a force to be reckoned with last night, and, yes, I seem to recall seeing him getting grabbed rather obviously on several plays.

If I had to block him, I'd probably hold every play and hope they missed it. The guy is a beast.
Probably the best analysis you've posted, ever.

Mmmm. Interesting take.

Yeah, that's what my eyes were telling me too.

I've seen enough football to know what is usually called holding in the NFL and college (and what isn't), there were a number of plays in last night's game where Joyner was being held. A couple of them were pretty egregious at pretty big times.

Top Bottom