Jacob Schuster 2021 DT Commits

Dang. Very nice pickup! Really great to see us pulling a kid out of the Pacific Northwest like this. Seems like a very smart young man as well. Stanford, Cal and Duke offers (not to mention Michigan and Washington).

Found this local article on him: https://www.theolympian.com/sports/high-school/article238324743.html

This is 100% correct. And it's nice to see offers from the service academies too. Probably means that there are some good leadership traits in there.

Great news, this is he DT I was hoping they'd land. Welcome aboard!

Great to see that late in the year we’re not settling to fill positions of need, but still going out and getting 4 stars to fill those spots. Huge pickup, like others have said, get Townley and this D Line class is looking great

Nice pickup to not only get a great football player. A player who is smart, knows what he wants and fits into the culture. Elite pick up! Huge welcome to him!

Wow. Man among boys out there in 2A Washington ball. I do love how he's constantly helping up the guys he crushes, lol. Definitely a culture fit.

While I agree on Townley, I'd consider adding Buckley as a wrap also. It would be a plus beating Nebraska.
Take em both! We only have 17 commits. Eastern is not going to be an End, so we only have Booker in the class at End.

We can make room. Hickcox and Guthrie from the 2017 class have done nothing here, and need to transfer or retire (for example).

Great pickup. Glad to see a kid from Washington state become a Gopher.

Tumwater’s Schuster, a disruptive defensive line presence, commits to Minnesota

Jacob Schuster’s recruitment took some time to heat up. Heading into his junior season, the Tumwater defensive tackle didn’t hold a scholarship offer from a Power Five school. That all changed after his junior season, in which the 6-foot-2, 300-pounder was a one-man wrecking crew for the T-Birds, leading Tumwater to the Class 2A state championship.

The offers started rolling in, from Washington, WSU, Cal, Arizona and others. But Schuster won’t be staying on the west coast. He announced last week he’ll be heading to the Big Ten, verbally committing to the University of Minnesota to play for P.J. Fleck’s Golden Gophers.

“Just building a relationship with them, it came down to the coaching staff and what they believed in,” Schuster said. “It’s more than just football for me. When I started talking with them, they really emphasized the bigger picture, who you are in life.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom