Jacob Clark to Rice

Say what?
My jokes can't all be good but it's a reference to the Twilight Zone episode where Aliens come to Earth and Earthlings think they are helping us with good deeds and serving Man because they are following things in the book, but at the end you find out "To Serve Man" is actually a cookbook and they are getting ready to eat the Earthlings.....Jacob Clark added to Rice.....oh never mind!

3 people gave me a Like, Weirdos

My jokes can't all be good but it's a reference to the Twilight Zone episode where Aliens come to Earth and Earthlings think they are helping us with good deeds and serving Man because they are following things in the book, but at the end you find out "To Serve Man" is actually a cookbook and they are getting ready to eat the Earthlings.....Jacob Clark added to Rice.....oh never mind!

They spoofed that on a Simpson's Halloween special IIRC.

download.jpeg

Is it really that good? Wow. Good for Clark. I hope he beats McCaffrey too. I'd love to see him live up to the potential people saw in high school. Good luck kid.
It literally is that good :)

I think, by his avatar, he knows that

Saw this tweet from yesterday. Interesting if recent and still working out at the U. Maybe just wrapping up the semester.

Wild speculation, but I wonder if the OC change could have him re-evaluating? He was brought in by KC wasn't he?

Only thing is, the Tweet is by someone who is selling a service. Would guess that JC is one of his clients, perhaps hired by his folks to keep working during the off-season, and that he's advertising.

They could've paid the U to rent the space, or the U being non-dinks could've just let him use it during off hours.

Well he's still not on the MN roster so I'm assuming he's gone.

We will never know how Jacob Clark is as a Gophers QB. Good luck to him at Rice.

Athan Kaliakmanis must be pretty far along, and Jacob Knuth will be right behind him. I am excited to see the next chapter of Gopher QBs who are mobile in a KC RPO scheme. That may be more difficult for defenses.

Get ready to lay it on the Badgers and Hawkeyes.

Saw an interesting stat that 12% of players in the portal have landed a scholarship and the other 78% no longer have one. Crazy.

Saw an interesting stat that 12% of players in the portal have landed a scholarship and the other 78% no longer have one. Crazy.
Those numbers will be interesting to see in like 3-4 months.

Those numbers will be interesting to see in like 3-4 months.
I think at least half will remain with no scholarship. It's a massive risk to enter the portal, especially if you haven't played at all and weren't like 4 or 5 star guy out of high school.

When I was growing up I wanted to be Tommy Kramer. Wore my #9 jersey everywhere. Dreamed of being the gunslinger leading the Vikes down the field and then after the game drinking 20 beers with Keith Millard and getting in bar fights.

Saw TK and Studwell back in the day at the infamous Rusty Scupper. TK could not see straight but he managed to avoid a bar fight while I was there.

I think at least half will remain with no scholarship. It's a massive risk to enter the portal, especially if you haven't played at all and weren't like 4 or 5 star guy out of high school.
Yeah, I agree with you.

I also wonder how many people enter the transfer portal kind of knowing they are probably not going to keep playing. Like if aren't academically eligible and drop down to JuCo, do you go into the portal?

I wonder how many of the guys buried on the depth chart who often left (natural attrition of a depth chart) and many of them never showed up on another roster, I wonder how many of them enter the portal.

This isn't about Jacob Clark, but I have to say it appears Fleck has played the new portal game brilliantly.

Gibbens, Pinckney and Dylan Wright were all contributors; the first two were essential this past season while Wright had some impressive moments.

Have we lost anyone in the portal who has lit it up after finding a new home?

Last edited:

This isn't about Jacob Clark, but I have to say it appears Fleck has played the new portal game brilliantly.

Gibbens, Pinckney and Dylan Wright were all contributors; the first two were essential this past season while Wright had some impressive moments.

Have we lost anyone in the portal who has lit it up after finding a new home?
Since all the way back to 2018? Probably not many...

Top Bottom