Jacob Clark to Rice

Probably couldn't ask for a better landing spot. Close to home, their QB graduates. Should compete for starting job. Luke McCaffrey also is at Rice after his transfer from Nebraska, and Louisville.
Would absolutely love to see Clark beat out McCaffrey. Clark has a better arm and, I'll bet, a better head. McCaffrey can run. We'll see.

Would absolutely love to see Clark beat out McCaffrey. Clark has a better arm and, I'll bet, a better head. McCaffrey can run. We'll see.
Well if they are still bringing in transfer QBs they must not be sold on McCaffrey as an option. Hopefully it works out well for Clark and he is able to win the starting job.

Former Viking QB Tommy Kramer's alma mater.

Good luck to Jacob. College football is so markedly different than it was when I was growing up (I'm way old). Used to be that back-up QBs would regularly get snaps, especially in blow-outs. Not so much anymore. Wish I could have seen more of Clark.

Top flight academics! Thanks, good luck, and all the best to Jacob!

Yeah, top notch school.

I remember reading something funny about Rice football in the early seventies. At that time they played in the very tough Southwest Conference with the Texas schools of the current Big 12 plus A&M, Arkansas, Houston, and SMU. They would have only a couple of games outside of conference and they referred to them as "Off Week." The students would hold signs during those games saying "Beat Off Week!"

Seems like a great spot.

I hope he turns out to be the next Tommy Kramer.

When I was growing up I wanted to be Tommy Kramer. Wore my #9 jersey everywhere. Dreamed of being the gunslinger leading the Vikes down the field and then after the game drinking 20 beers with Keith Millard and getting in bar fights.

Great school. Hope it works out.

Kid should do well there, and most deffinetly should have every chance to win that starting job... And piggy backing on the academics great school... If academics are your thing..

Rice was 4-8 last year in Conference USA.

last decent year was 2013 with a 10-4 record.

According to one source, Rice's enrollment is the 2nd-smallest in FBS football. only Tulsa is smaller.

looked at their conference standings. I don't pay much attention to college FB outside the B1G, so I had no clue who was even in that conference.

Rice was 4-8 last year in Conference USA.

last decent year was 2013 with a 10-4 record.

According to one source, Rice's enrollment is the 2nd-smallest in FBS football. only Tulsa is smaller.

looked at their conference standings. I don't pay much attention to college FB outside the B1G, so I had no clue who was even in that conference.
Wwll with realignment the whole conference membership is changing anyway

Wake Forest isn't significantly larger. Both under 10k total. Tulsa by far the smallest.

Also, the service academies have less than 5k each, but obviously unique situations.

Some of the remaining private schools in FBS (there aren't too many), are between 10-15k.

Liberty claims 95k students, by lumping in online students. No idea how many actually on campus.

good luck to him....good landing spot for him...he should have a good chance to take the reigns

Would love a scenario where Morgan, Clark and Annexstad all play great this year and all get drafted into the NFL. I think they all deserve to play and I hope and pray our QB development is going great behind Morgan. This was a strange year with Morgan. Dad passes, he gets engaged and the OC does not seem to be a great game caller (put the offense in a lot of bad spots). I understand why Fleck never pulled Morgan, but at the same time wish we could have seen the arm talent behind him a little, especially when he was having an "off" game.

Wow. Rice only has 3900 undergrads! Hard to believe that stadium once had a capacity of 70,000 and hosted a superbowl.

If he can't beat out Luke McCaffrey, he was never gonna have a prayer of starting for the Gophers. Hope to see him do well down there!

That's a great spot for him. I don't see an announcement on his twitter or any of the sites but maybe it's still under wraps for some reason?

Wake Forest isn't significantly larger. Both under 10k total. Tulsa by far the smallest.

Also, the service academies have less than 5k each, but obviously unique situations.

Some of the remaining private schools in FBS (there aren't too many), are between 10-15k.

Liberty claims 95k students, by lumping in online students. No idea how many actually on campus.
That's a lot of walk on kickers and long snappers to choose from.

Ivy League level education
Is it really that good? Wow. Good for Clark. I hope he beats McCaffrey too. I'd love to see him live up to the potential people saw in high school. Good luck kid.

Top Bottom