Jackson Purcell will walk on next year for the gophers

PeterMac05

Reaction score
Purcell to Gophers
I know he is a walk on but really don’t know about this one guys. 3rd best player on his high school team. Was not very impressed at all after what he did against my high school this year.

Purcell to Gophers
I know he is a walk on but really don’t know about this one guys. 3rd best player on his high school team. Was not very impressed at all after what he did against my high school this year.
lol....for a walk on? how about we be glad that we added 2 practice pieces to our very thin roster and call it a day....

welcome Jackson. Enjoy your 4 years on the team and at the school!

Purcell to Gophers
He was not the 3rd best player on the team this year.
Who was better?

Purcell to Gophers
Walk ons serve an important role when it comes to practices and game prep. Wouldn't over think it or stress about this one. You need those back of the roster guys who never really see the court but show up everyday ready to work hard and help the team.

This is a great addition! I'd love to see another walk on and 3 front court players. And these walk ons seem better...one has played 4 years of college basketball...starting in all of them. The other started on a winning high school team and was all-conference. These are better than Pitino's walk ons (no offense to any of them whom I appreciate a ton for being part of the team).

Last edited:

Walk ons serve an important role when it comes to practices and game prep. Wouldn't over think it or stress about this one. You need those back of the roster guys who never really see the court but show up everyday ready to work hard and help the team.
They also tend to excel academically as well.

Top Bottom