Jack Tinnen commits as PWO

Feels like we have had more PWO guys this year than in years past but could totally be off on that. Not sure if there are limits to the numbers you can take when it comes to PWO vs. regular walk ons.

Love it though, having a strong walk on program is key for practices and development. Plus those tend to be the guys that are motivated to work the hardest to prove they belong and to try and earn their way onto scholarship.

Feels like we have had more PWO guys this year than in years past but could totally be off on that. Not sure if there are limits to the numbers you can take when it comes to PWO vs. regular walk ons.

Love it though, having a strong walk on program is key for practices and development. Plus those tend to be the guys that are motivated to work the hardest to prove they belong and to try and earn their way onto scholarship.
Before class begins in the fall, the roster size is limited to 105. Since 85 is the maximum scholarship limit, that would leave 20 roster spots available for the recruited Preferred Walk Ons. I guess if you didn’t have a full 85 scholarship players, you could have more PWOs. After class begins, there isn’t a limit to total roster size.

Before class begins in the fall, the roster size is limited to 105. Since 85 is the maximum scholarship limit, that would leave 20 roster spots available for the recruited Preferred Walk Ons. I guess if you didn’t have a full 85 scholarship players, you could have more PWOs. After class begins, there isn’t a limit to total roster size.
Makes sense. Would be interesting to know if we have a larger group of preferred walk ons this year as opposed to others.

Hopefully he will be a diamond in the rough with his size. As others have said, I believe he will grow and end up as a linebacker. Don't believe he'll be an instant contributor other than the kickoff team.
However, you might as well save his redshirt as hopefully the majority of the kickoffs will end up in the endzone. Seems like the POWs always do seem to look good on paper though. Gets to be a crap shoot.

Is it really that difficult when someone posts something to include The Who, Where and What?
As difficult as it is for someone to use google for 7 seconds.

Keep in mind OP once referred to himself as “gopherholes own Tony Liebert” and he is Tony Liebert. So maybe your standards for what people post can come down a notch.

It looks like the Gophers might be minting the next Blake Cashman from the next crop of PWOs. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes from across the eastern border of the state.

The next step would be to steal some 4-Star talent from Wiscy.

It looks like the Gophers might be minting the next Blake Cashman from the next crop of PWOs. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes from across the eastern border of the state.

The next step would be to steal some 4-Star talent from Wiscy.
I’ll settle for ⭐⭐⭐️ as a starting point

Top Bottom