Jack Pyburn

Plays middle linebacker at Bolles. Gophers have home pencilled in as an edge rusher. Hope they give him a look at MLB, too.
Assume nothing position wise is set in stone. They will evaluate him when he gets on campus and figure out the best spot for him. He is certainly intriguing, under the radar guy that seems like he could turn out to be a good one.

Assume nothing position wise is set in stone. They will evaluate him when he gets on campus and figure out the best spot for him. He is certainly intriguing, under the radar guy that seems like he could turn out to be a good one.
love wrestlers. Great self-motivated guys. Always hire a wrestler or Eagle Scout.

Dang, that's impressive. That said, I just looked up the Bolles School and it's a small (under 1000 students), private college prep school with $29k/year tuition. I'm assuming they play other small schools and Pyburn is a man among boys, but perhaps someone familiar with Florida HS FB can educate me.

All I know is that I hope they at least give Pyburn a look at MLB. We really need help there. We need good decision-making and depth.

I'm very interested to see how Pyburn does when he gets to the U. Like a number of guys in this class, they don't jump off the page ratings wise but they have solid offer lists and look like guys who can play.

This class as a whole isn't going to garner a lot of buzz (at least if it stays basically the same as it is right now) but it wouldn't shock me if some good solid football players come out of this group. There is a lot of value in that, even if a player doesn't end up being a superstar.

Dang, that's impressive. That said, I just looked up the Bolles School and it's a small (under 1000 students), private college prep school with $29k/year tuition. I'm assuming they play other small schools and Pyburn is a man among boys, but perhaps someone familiar with Florida HS FB can educate me.
Bolles is one of the winningest programs in the history of the state of Florida only behind St. Thomas Aquinas in state championships. They are 4A program. In Florida they are 1A-8A. The majority of the games they play are 5A-8A teams. Their schedule this year has them up against 2 state champions, state runner up, 2 state semi finalist and all teams on the schedule made the playoffs last year. Bolles has been the state runner up the last two years with championship loss to top 25 nationally ranked teams.. No small ball at Bolles.

Man amongst boys, he looks dangerous...
Glad he will be on our side.

Bolles is one of the winningest programs in the history of the state of Florida only behind St. Thomas Aquinas in state championships. They are 4A program. In Florida they are 1A-8A. The majority of the games they play are 5A-8A teams. Their schedule this year has them up against 2 state champions, state runner up, 2 state semi finalist and all teams on the schedule made the playoffs last year. Bolles has been the state runner up the last two years with championship loss to top 25 nationally ranked teams.. No small ball at Bolles.
And there's the education I requested :) Thanks, and go Bolles! Pyburn just seems to play with a rare motor. Fun to watch these highlights.

Pyburn; Please cancel my "reservation". Sorry but I have found something better.

Kids that commit just to grab a spot and then wait for something else better to come along can take a hike. If their dream school(s) are that important, then ask for a PWO or walkon and pay your way with aid like most college students. Instead of asking and thanking coaches to believe in him, maybe he needs to believe in himself and his talents.

Pyburn; Please cancel my "reservation". Sorry but I have found something better.

Kids that commit just to grab a spot and then wait for something else better to come along can take a hike. If their dream school(s) are that important, then ask for a PWO or walkon and pay your way with aid like most college students. Instead of asking and thanking coaches to believe in him, maybe he needs to believe in himself and his talents.
You feel the same about McConnel, who decommitted from TCU before committing to the Gophers, right? Baranowski?

You feel the same about McConnel, who decommitted from TCU before committing to the Gophers, right? Baranowski?
Good point. Some take decommitments way too personal. Kid changed his mind, something better came along....whatever. Better to have the player make this decision now as opposed to after they sign and get on campus.

I just watched his replays... This kids is on course for a couple concussions, if he hasn't had some already. It is impressive to see him come in a full speed, but he looks out of control at times. Those hard hits were on players that did not see him coming. On the QB sack, he just caught the QB with an arm as he went flying by out of control with no chance of tackling him.

Top Bottom