Jack Henderson

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
When PJ reached down to FCS and brought in transfer Jack Henderson, who was unrated out of HS and had no transfer rating either, I think some thought it was a “reach.” Just took a look at our 247 Commits list; Henderson has apparently been checked out and has now has a transfer rating which is pretty darn good: 0.8900, just below a four star. He is tied with Sean Taylor as our second highest rated transfer. PJ has an eye for talent and is fine taking a player that has flown under the “ranking” radar. Henderson had three years to play two, I believe. 👍🏼

When PJ reached down to FCS and brought in transfer Jack Henderson, who was unrated out of HS and had no transfer rating either, I think some thought it was a “reach.” Just took a look at our 247 Commits list; Henderson has apparently been checked out and has now has a transfer rating which is pretty darn good: 0.8900, just below a four star. He is tied with Sean Taylor as our second highest rated transfer. PJ has an eye for talent and is fine taking a player that has flown under the “ranking” radar. Henderson had three years to play two, I believe. 👍🏼
PJ was those guys out of HS, so he can relate and find gems where others don’t- ala Black Jack Gibbens - now an NFL starter.

Most of those guys work super hard and I like having scrappy underdogs on our team- easy to root for.

Last edited:

PJ was those guys out of HS, do o he can relate and find gems where others don’t- ala Black Jack Gibbens - now an NFL starter.

Most of those guys work super hard and I like having scrappy underdogs on our team- easy to root for.
hadnt thought of that. good point.

People were making fun of PJ reaching out to Southeastern for a transfer saying big time programs don’t get players like him from small schools.

Well Southeastern had another transfer (4 ⭐️ transfer rates CB) commit to LSU.

Side note, that defense must have been phenomenal

People were making fun of PJ reaching out to Southeastern for a transfer saying big time programs don’t get players like him from small schools.

You would think by now people would have realized that good players can come from pretty much anywhere. We fixate on the guys that come from other power 5 schools or had high ratings out of high school but we see it all the time where these guys from smaller schools and conferences move up and have a ton of success.

You would think by now people would have realized that good players can come from pretty much anywhere. We fixate on the guys that come from other power 5 schools or had high ratings out of high school but we see it all the time where these guys from smaller schools and conferences move up and have a ton of success.
I was on bleacher report arguing with a dude pissed that PJ wasn’t going after all of the 4 and 5 ⭐️ recruits in the portal.

Personally I’d rather have an overachiever who plays hard than a talented kid with no drive who expects stuff given to him. Dylan Wright is the perfect example. Kid was labeled the next Bateman when he came in and he’s pretty much invisible most games.

This Henderson kid is gonna be an absolute stud.

On NFL games when they do player intros, it's surprising how many NFL starters come from smaller schools

I was on bleacher report arguing with a dude pissed that PJ wasn’t going after all of the 4 and 5 ⭐️ recruits in the portal.

Personally I’d rather have an overachiever who plays hard than a talented kid with no drive who expects stuff given to him. Dylan Wright is the perfect example. Kid was labeled the next Bateman when he came in and he’s pretty much invisible most games.

I really like the look of all 6 transfers we have coming in so far and think this has a chance to be a really strong transfer group for us.

Were they?

This is the thread where he committed, people seem unanimously stoked.

On NFL games when they do player intros, it's surprising how many NFL starters come from smaller schools
Yep, although it is a little tougher to trust those player intros as guys have started to mess around with them and mention high schools and other places.

But yeah, guys fall through the cracks or are late bloomers all the time. Lots of players end up making the NFL from smaller schools.

I was listening to Ryan Burns podcast around Christmas and they said there was talk when he visited the football facility that peoples heads were turned. Everyone was like who’s that!! He must be a physical specimen.

PJ was those guys out of HS, so he can relate and find gems where others don’t- ala Black Jack Gibbens - now an NFL starter.

Jack Gibbons should be the (portal) poster boy for where you can go in this game making the right program choice where coaching has recognized your skills and puts you in the right position to achieve. Had Gibbons gone with Scott Frost or others, he may not be in the NFL. Kudos to the Gopher staff.

Jack Gibbons should be the (portal) poster boy for where you can go in this game making the right program choice where coaching has recognized your skills and puts you in the right position to achieve. Had Gibbons gone with Scott Frost or others, he may not be in the NFL. Kudos to the Gopher staff.

Gibbens was an Academic All American as well. I believe I heard both PJ and Rossi talk about how they placed a high value on intelligence on defense and how that fits the culture.

Excellent post and 💯!

Gibbens was an Academic All American as well. I believe I heard both PJ and Rossi talk about how they placed a high value on intelligence on defense and how that fits the culture.
The Tennessee coach refers to him as "Dr. Gibbens," because of his intelligence. There is no doubt that native intelligence is a factor (maybe not a huge factor) in the success of some players, at almost all levels. Intelligence/recognition is one of those traits that doesn't just make a player a little better than his inherent athletic abilities--it can make the players around that player marginally better, too.

I think most do...that was the bread and butter for Mason and Kill.

Top Bottom