Jack Gibbens on The Athletic's All-Portal Team...

laazrakit

Reaction score
Jack Gibbens was listed on The Athletic's All-Portal team... for transfers who's made the most impact at mid-season.

LB Jack Gibbens, Minnesota: Minnesota’s coaching staff found a terrific fit in an FCS transfer from Abilene Christian. Gibbens has adjusted nicely to playing in the Big Ten and has a team-high 38 tackles, two TFLs, three pass breakups and a forced fumble while helping the Gophers rank No. 6 nationally in run defense.

He has looked real good. He made an impressive play last week tripping up the speedy Nebraska WR on their option reverse that got them 30ish yards.

I just had a feeling Gibbens was going to be a major impact newcomer; kid's just played too much football to not have the instincts to make a difference. What a boost he's been to the defense. He was one I marked in the offseason as potentially having the biggest impact. Just seems to get better every week

I just had a feeling Gibbens was going to be a major impact newcomer; kid's just played too much football to not have the instincts to make a difference. What a boost he's been to the defense. He was one I marked in the offseason as potentially having the biggest impact. Just seems to get better every week
He sure does -- I thought it would be an Alihan Demir situation, so I am glad to be wrong.

Top Bottom