J.B. Bauer: Three Mo Years: Maurice Walker and Medical Hardship Waivers

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Despite appearing in just twelve games last season before a torn PCL and meniscus brought his freshman season to an end, Maurice Walker enters the 2011-12 year with only three seasons to compete remaining. The big man from Canada played in two games more than would have otherwise allowed Minnesota to seek an additional year of competition for him. Accordingly, the University did not pursue a waiver.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1483

I am bummed out some since Mo might not play this year... Maybe taking a red shirt makes sense with all our other options this year… Then next year both he and Elliot would be red-shirt sophomores…

I'm with you, Jon! We would be thin at the 5 without him, but I think it might be kind of a wasted year if we didn't redshirt him. Why not just get him into a good S&C program, work on fundamentals, and get his weight down to prepare for 3 more good years. By the way, if we redshirt him he'll be a senior when Tyus will be a freshman (hopefully a draw to Tyus that we could have quite the lineup).

I'm getting off topic here, but...that could be one helluva backcourt...
PG Tyus
Wing Coleman
Wing Hollins
PF BIG Mo/Oto
C EE

dont forget about rashad vaughn that kids a stud too potentially top 25 player as well.. hardwoodelite has him at number 20 for 2014

Top Bottom