Iverson - Cheap/Phantom Fouls

MotherNight

Reaction score
Iverson looked pretty frustrated last night and I don't blame him. That phantom foul in the second half on him was insane. Then there was the Northwestern game with the fake elbow call. Seems like every game Colt is getting some tough calls. Has anyone else noticed this? I think it is affecting his game.

Colt

Colt is just a marked man as far as I can tell.

I loved the play where the ball was thrown off his leg and they called him for kicking it and the whosiers got the ball and a fresh clock.

Typical Colt officiating "luck".

:mad:

It's easy to be biased in these matters but it's become way too obvious in regards to Colt IMO. The NFL(for one) has rules that the coaches can ask for reviews of a call from the main office. I'm wondering if this is true in the Big 10.

He does have the worst luck. It's like there's something about him that officials just instinctively dislike.

ulmer

He`s gotten jobbed big time and last night Sampsons butt crack must have looked like a ladder rung but there foot work and lack of boxing out just killed them. Colton off the bench helps them figure out who`s who in the paint and if he sits for 5 min. the refs won`t have a dog to kick for awhile.

He has gotten hosed a lot the last year and half. Probably has to do with his aggressive style of play. Refs probably know that and are quick with the whistle with him. Not saying it's right, just how it is.

Iverson looked pretty frustrated last night and I don't blame him. That phantom foul in the second half on him was insane. Then there was the Northwestern game with the fake elbow call. Seems like every game Colt is getting some tough calls. Has anyone else noticed this? I think it is affecting his game.

It's because all ref's are terrible.

Just because he looks awkward doesn't mean he is fouling!

The omnipotence of the officials is becoming obsurd. Isn't there anything that can be done to curb the blatant prejudice they display in regards to Colt. It is hurting his future.

Maybe it has to be spun into a racial prejudice issue? That always seems to get attention.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO SEEK RELIEF FROM THE CONFERENCE!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!

The officiating last night was lazy and pathetic. It wasn't the reason Minnesota lost, and IU had the right to be upset several times about themselves. But they are the third party on the floor and when they don't perform up to standards they need to be called out. Last night was easily one of the most unconsistent, lazy officiating efforts I have seen in a long time.

The other night, a referee laughed at my daughter's 7th grade team in their face after they blew an 11-point lead and lost by one - the winning point coming on a free throw. They're all jackasses.

The other night, a referee laughed at my daughter's 7th grade team in their face after they blew an 11-point lead and lost by one - the winning point coming on a free throw. They're all jackasses.

This.

That set of refs clearly gave Indiana some home cooking last night. Plenty of bad calls. However, we have little room to complain when we stink up the gym like that.

Colt is just a marked man as far as I can tell.

I loved the play where the ball was thrown off his leg and they called him for kicking it and the whosiers got the ball and a fresh clock.

Typical Colt officiating "luck".

:mad:

Well, I think the ref was reading Colton's mind and although he did not even move his foot or leg somewhere in Colton's subconscience there was a thought about it.

That was one of the worst calls that I have ever seen. Still Colton needs to step up. He is way too inconsistant.

Top Bottom