I've never seen ****ter refs than I did tonight

Yes, the refs absolutely beat the Gophers last night. That's what you took from that butt whooping?

Yes, the refs absolutely beat the Gophers last night. That's what you took from that butt whooping?

The refs were bad and you could tell the coaches/players were extremely frustrated but they definitely weren't the reason we lost. Not hitting open shots and MSU making pretty much everything had far more to do with it. Hopefully it was just a really off night across the board against a good team on the road.

My thoughts exactly. I've seen high school teams run their offense better. I don't mean to take anything away from Mich State's defense...but we looked so lost and confused. Just goes to show that a team can be great (and ranked) but when Big 10 play starts and you start seeing Big 10 defenses you may not be as good as everyone thought.

Still impressed with team compared to last year. Fun group to watch. Maturity will go along ways as the season continues.

He didn't say the refs were the reason the Gophers lost or even that they were just bad for the Gophers. The refs were really bad overall for both teams.

It's possible to think both the refs and the Gophers sucked at the same time.

Combo of both. The illegal screens really got to me. They only called one . Clem would've had a technical in the first half. Still, we had a horrible inside/outside game; horrible at finishing shots,
and just poor shooting.Just me, but Mason is the guy who greases the wheel. He can't have to many bad nights for us to win.

The refs were bad and you could tell the coaches/players were extremely frustrated but they definitely weren't the reason we lost. Not hitting open shots and MSU making pretty much everything had far more to do with it. Hopefully it was just a really off night across the board against a good team on the road.

That is certainly true. Was it Colton Iverson or Elliot Eliason that seemed to attract ref whistles very frequently? Lynch's fouls when he is going for a block, etc. are okay, but some of his other fouls are from a lack of focus and are mostly correct calls. The guy the refs seem to call a lot of questionable fouls on is Konate'. He does do some dumb things out there for sure, but I have tried to watch some of his fouls in slow motion and I often just don't see the call.

Combo of both. The illegal screens really got to me. They only called one . Clem would've had a technical in the first half. Still, we had a horrible inside/outside game; horrible at finishing shots,
and just poor shooting.Just me, but Mason is the guy who greases the wheel. He can't have to many bad nights for us to win.

This team cannot win a tight called game. We are to thin in the front court. I thought this going into the Florida State game. With that being said, we need Mason and Coffey, and or Springs to hit consistent shots to win games like this.

He didn't say the refs were the reason the Gophers lost or even that they were just bad for the Gophers. The refs were really bad overall for both teams.

It's possible to think both the refs and the Gophers sucked at the same time.

this.

Both EE and Iverson had a habit of being on the bench with 3 fast fouls.

As for refs, how many times each year does a thread pop up with the same sentiment?

Both EE and Iverson had a habit of being on the bench with 3 fast fouls.

As for refs, how many times each year does a thread pop up with the same sentiment?

as often as the refs are ****ty. teams can have bad nights (us last night) and refs can have bad nights (them last night). and no, these do not correlate when we have loses. there were not threads like this after the last msu game or the fsu game or the 20+ loses we had last year.

it's ok to criticize the refs, just as it is ok to criticize our team.

What I was saying was that we couldn't run offense. Props to sparty for doing their job. However, those refs did us absolutely no favors, and really it was bad for both teams. That's why the loss at home hurts even more. Sparty showed how you keep a 15+ point lead last night. It is what it is. On to the next game!

Top Bottom