IU w/o Jones?

I responded to this on the other post...but IU fans really need something to cling to. With a basketball tradition and legacy down there, to start out the big ten 1-6 is pretty dismal. When they beat a rival, ranked team they gotta do something...and you know how Indiana fans are - unconditionally (almost fanatically) in love with their hoops team.

I kinda wish the Gopher fans would (be able to?) rush the court more. I've been a hoops fan for a while and have attended a lot of games, but I've never rushed the court. Had the 2009 Wisco game happened at home, I'd imagine we'd rush the court a la Indiana. Why don't we ever rush the court? As I said in another post - if we beat OSU at home I will rush the court solo if I have to...yes, I'll be THAT guy

I understand their hunger for a good team, but to me it just screams "act like you've been there before". I understand the student body there now though, hasn't been anywhere but bad. So your point is well taken.

As far as rushing the court at the Barn, its tough! You gotta get up onto that elevated floor, and so you loose all your momentum unless you hurdle up. Being the first team to take down OSU this year though, definitely warrants a floor rush though. For the most part though, I think running onto the court should be reserved for beating a top 5 opponant or clinching a conference title.

I understand their hunger for a good team, but to me it just screams "act like you've been there before". I understand the student body there now though, hasn't been anywhere but bad. So your point is well taken.

As far as rushing the court at the Barn, its tough! You gotta get up onto that elevated floor, and so you loose all your momentum unless you hurdle up. Being the first team to take down OSU this year though, definitely warrants a floor rush though. For the most part though, I think running onto the court should be reserved for beating a top 5 opponant or clinching a conference title.

I agree - I was very happy when we didn't rush after beating Purdue. I think taking down #1/unbeaten OSU would be just cause for rushing though

Top Bottom