IU holds vote for Student Section name

Crean your Jeans!

Oh, that's not one of the options. Sorry.

Naming the students section after a coach is never a good idea, such as: Monson's Mob.

What happens when Crean is gone? Then they get to hold another worthless voting contest.

Say what you want about Tom Crean but he is doing a great job at rebuilding Indiana. If I were to have a 2nd BigTen team it would probably be these young Hoosiers.

The crimson guard is the only decent option. IMO.

That being said, I hope they pick one of the other stupid ones......yeah Candy Stripers!?!...wow

I think it's too early to say Crean's doing a great job at Indiana. Yes, he's been recruiting well, but he did lose two of his freshmen from last season's class (Malik Story and Nick Williams) and one hallmark of Crean's career has been player attrition and not just the guys on the end of the bench wanting minutes. You also have to wonder where Crean would be if he hadn't struck gold with D. Wade when at Marquette; besides that Final Four run fueled by Wade, his overall success has been alright, but certainly not prepare the bronze bust type success. I'm curious how long it'll take Crean to get it going at IU and how much patience/rope the Hoosier fan base will have if the Big 10 titles and Sweet Sixteen runs don't start happening within the next couple years. Personally I think Michigan St, Purdue, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio State are poised for more success than IU, not just short-term but also long term, if things remain static with their coaches.

And honestly, those were some awful choices. Creaniacs? (which got my vote) It's not even close to rhyming with maniacs. ..or Hall Monitors? Does that really get the blood pumping, opponents intimidated or does it just remind you of the class suck-up writing names down on their clipboard?

I knew you'd be weighing in here, cool. I remember you liked Crean at Marquette - do think he made a mistake in jumping to the BT and IU

I just voted twice for Candy Striper's.

What a lame contest. Lame names and no way to edit who si voting leads me to think they will disregard the winner.

Hmm Moonie, I never recall being a big fan of Crean (he certainly has never received my non-sexual man crushes like I've had for Jamie Dixon or Jay Wright), but at one point I was an admirer, I'm sure. I think I expected more to develop with his Dom James/Jerel McNeal/Wes Matthews teams and now when I look at his whole body of work I'm quite tepid about Crean.

As for his move to the Big 10, I absolutely think it was a great move for him, but I wonder if it'll be long before the IU faithful become disgruntled, especially with the resurgence on the Big 10 sidelines over the past few years. He stepped into one of the top ten jobs in college basketball, though, it was a great move for him.

It also appears that Marquette is not checking the rearview mirror for Crean either. I see they blitzed Michigan today and I have to admit I'm surprised and impressed. After losing the three aforementioned seniors above, I figured the Eagles would be Lazar Hayward and a bunch of role players/freshman growing into the college game. That could still be the case, but Buzz Williams looks to be both a recruiter and a sideline coach. That he's hitting the Badgers hard in recruiting (Jerome Maymon, Vander Blue) makes me wish him all the more luck. I predicted that Marquette would take a big fall after last season and get mired in the muck of the Big East bottom, but early indications are I'll be eating those words.

Top Bottom