Its Wednesday

ruralgopher

Reaction score
And I've talked myself into this team again. We CAN'T be as bad as we've shown thus far right? No, we can't be that bad. The team is going to beat Northwestern (and I'm going to put all my fake money where my mouth is) which will let some of the venom out of the atmosphere and then head to Madison where without the distractions involved with playing at home they are going to give the program its first big victory, bring home the axe and get the ball rolling. I still have to believe that there is plenty of talent on this team. We will go 5-3 in the BT and win a bowl game and I will not lose my bet to my brother in law that we will win 7 games.

Ahlibabwa admits he was wrong, I say no, although I will admit that I'm somewhat delusional.

We are probably this bad right now. It's sad, but true. On top of that, Northwestern is a really crappy matchup, Persa is not what the doctor has prescribed. Hopefully we can limit the possessions and get lucky on a TO or two.

When you are fly as me it means you have extra balloons of hope. Want to borrow one?

balloons-of-hope.jpg

Best thing to do at this point is watch the game from a different perspective. Look for individual players that look like they can make a difference when a new coach is hired. At this point, the season is lost. They will go 0-8 or 1-7 in conference play this season so don't get your hopes up in any game the rest of the season.

I'm looking at this as developing talent for next season when we get a real College caliber coach.

This team is really SOFT. As soon as something goes bad, they will fold their tents. The Gophers have not had a game where they have led the entire way since 2008. I think to win, they are going to have to stay ahead the WHOLE way. If they fall behind, even if it is early... they will roll over. You never know, they could get some turnovers, or a pick-6 and hang in there while building enough confidence to steal a victory.

Money talks

I need to bet on the game.

The only Gopher game I've had action on so far was the MTSU game and they won. Cardinal rule in gambling is to not bet on games involving your "home" team but I disregarded that and did it.

I take full responsibility for the outcome of the games in the last 3 weeks.

I hereby promise to do my part and stop at the sports book on the way home and put down a bet.

Best thing to do at this point is watch the game from a different perspective. Look for individual players that look like they can make a difference when a new coach is hired. At this point, the season is lost. They will go 0-8 or 1-7 in conference play this season so don't get your hopes up in any game the rest of the season.

I'm looking at this as developing talent for next season when we get a real College caliber coach.

Thank you Nostradamus. Or is that you, JC?

I need to bet on the game.

The only Gopher game I've had action on so far was the MTSU game and they won. Cardinal rule in gambling is to not bet on games involving your "home" team but I disregarded that and did it.

I take full responsibility for the outcome of the games in the last 3 weeks.

I hereby promise to do my part and stop at the sports book on the way home and put down a bet.

You may be onto something here. A little "skin in the game" forces the football gods to smile upon us favorably?

And I've talked myself into this team again. We CAN'T be as bad as we've shown thus far right? No, we can't be that bad. The team is going to beat Northwestern (and I'm going to put all my fake money where my mouth is) which will let some of the venom out of the atmosphere and then head to Madison where without the distractions involved with playing at home they are going to give the program its first big victory, bring home the axe and get the ball rolling. I still have to believe that there is plenty of talent on this team. We will go 5-3 in the BT and win a bowl game and I will not lose my bet to my brother in law that we will win 7 games.

Ahlibabwa admits he was wrong, I say no, although I will admit that I'm somewhat delusional.

I admitted that I was wrong about the current state of the Defense.

That, in no way diminishes my enthusiasm for this team, or my admittedly insane belief that this will be the week we see big improvements on this team (I will continue telling myself this weekly until either the apocalypse wipes us all out, or the team actually improves)

Privately I am back to my old habits of guzzling maroon colored Kool Aid and by gameday I'll be mainlining it. Come Saturday I will be tailgating early, before that I will be shouting along with 'My Squad' by 7 am, and after I'll be screaming like a man possessed all day long at the Bank. I strongly advise Dan Persa's family to avoid me, as I will be saying unforgivably awful things about him throughout Saturday's game.

'Remember Gopher brethren, we must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately' ---Ahli-BenFranklin-Bobwa

Another wise sage once described our current plight in the following manner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXsmGSnq3lE?):

'We gotta hold on to what we've got
It doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
We got each other and that's a lot
For love we'll give it a shot!

Oh, we're half way there
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Oh oh, livin' on a prayer
Livin' on a prayer!

WE GOTTA HOLD ON, READY OR NOT
YOU LIVE FOR THE FIGHT WHEN IT'S ALL THAT YOU'VE GOT'

I was in no way suggesting that you were any less of a fan for your post ahli! I've got a big ol wop ready.

I was in no way suggesting that you were any less of a fan for your post ahli! I've got a big ol wop ready.

I know you weren't. I just wanted to clarify so no one would misconstrue my admission of personal error as me somehow giving up on the team.

A wop huh? very good call. I think the start of the Big Ten schedule is a chance for Gopher fans to really up the intensity of tailgating and pre-gaming. The 12th man might be extremely useful this season.

Privately I am back to my old habits of guzzling maroon colored Kool Aid and by gameday I'll be mainlining it.

I've been doing this for years myself, and really its been the only way to function and keep my head up at times. Well said.

Ali and GBG.. I'm with you two.

No matter how down I get on Sundays and Mondays.. By Wednesday I'm gearin' up for the Bank and our Golden Gophs!

The Big Ten season is starting. That's a good thing. Good luck Gophers. A win would be a great thing!

I can't wait to be there Saturday. Gonna be a great fall day at TCF!

Action on the game

Soooo, before I head to the book, to get the same favorable outcome, do I bet the SAME amount on the Northwestern game as I did on the MTSU game?

Perhaps a little less because it's a home game?

Obviously, it's money line the whole way. What's the point of the winning the bet but the Gophers just lose by less than 5, right?

Top Bottom