It's time to consider Donkey as new team moniker

hungan1

Reaction score
Things are slow around here.

Some team names are deemed inappropriate in this new era of awareness. "The Donkeys" is a moniker that is a perfect replacement.

Instead of "The Fighting Sioux," why not consider "The Fighting Donkeys" (ahem, "The Fighting [email protected]")?

Last edited:

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
In the right context, I could see "Mules" working as a nickname/mascot. Mules are hard-working and feisty.

bfriedrichs10

Reaction score

Some team names are deemed inappropriate in this new era of awareness. "The Donkeys" is a moniker that is a perfect replacement.

Instead of "The Fighting Sioux," why not consider "The Fighting Donkeys" (ehr, "The Fighting [email protected]@sses")?

It's attack move could be the Donkey Punch.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Instead of "The Fighting Sioux," why not consider "The Fighting Donkeys" (ehr, "The Fighting [email protected]@sses")?

The Fighting Eyeores 😎

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score

Did GSUTalon hack your account?

zman

Reaction score
Not sure why, but I watched until the end.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

The donkey; a smart, snarky but stupid-looking and sounding animal.

I would not be against, eg, a donkey bray accompanying Bielema‘s photo on the score board.

BTChamp

Reaction score
The Cleveland Guardians Donkeys.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Don't discount the Jackass. They are friendly and loyal to friends, and mean as hell to outsiders. My in-laws in Northern MN have a donkey to protect their cattle/calf herd. I thought it sounded weird, but there have been no coyote or wolf issues since it joined the herd.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I saw someone riding their donkey down the sidewalk yesterday, coincidentally.

hungan1

Reaction score
I oppose this change because I don’t want this forum to be renamed Donkey Hole. Also, because of how speech works, this will lead Dinkytown gradually to morph into Donkey Town.
I don't care if it is called Donkey Town when the Gophers can kick @ss and win Big Ten Titles. They can bray all they want if they can donkey punch Iowa and Wisconsin regularly.

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
I don't care if it is called Donkey Town when the Gophers can kick @ss and win Big Ten Titles. They can bray all they want if they can donkey punch Iowa and Wisconsin regularly.
Dinkytown could be renamed The Burro.

DocfromDarwin

Reaction score
Anything other than a bucked tooth rodent would help recruiting! What kid would rather be a gopher than a Hawkeye or Wolverine or Spartan etc etc

Top Bottom