Its so hard to watch

Doc1001

Reaction score
I am watching the games and the other team has he ball. We are playing our zone usually with the big lineup. The first thing i see is someone for the opposition is wide open in the corner. I am saying to myself---someone get over there and at least get close to him. He is so stinking wide open. Sure enough---two seconds later the team with the ball sees that--we have a guy scrambling over there too late---SWISH. I can see it develop way before it happens. And they cant? By the time the gophers figure out it isnt working its too late. Do I have to watch this?

I am watching the games and the other team has he ball. We are playing our zone usually with the big lineup. The first thing i see is someone for the opposition is wide open in the corner. I am saying to myself---someone get over there and at least get close to him. He is so stinking wide open. Sure enough---two seconds later the team with the ball sees that--we have a guy scrambling over there too late---SWISH. I can see it develop way before it happens. And they cant? By the time the gophers figure out it isnt working its too late. Do I have to watch this?

If you play a zone that is what is going to happen. There is absolutly nothing that can be done to prevent that. It doesn't matter how good you say the zone is, somebody will always be open, if they make those shots you are going to be in trouble.

Experience and personel are driving the decision to play the zone. There isn't alot anyone can do about it at this point.

You are right Jovs

Zones lead to people being open with good ball movement. But not this open. I have watched zone enough to see you dont sag that far off of the outside.

Zones rely on foot speed to fill the gaps. Playing Colt in the corner (the most distance to travel) does not look like its working for Tubby. However, Tubby he continues to throw them out there. :confused:

Zones rely on foot speed to fill the gaps. Playing Colt in the corner (the most distance to travel) does not look like its working for Tubby. However, Tubby he continues to throw them out there. :confused:

Exactly. There have been far too many times that Colt (or really any other big) have been late on the closeout in the corner, which in turn is going to lead to the threes onslaught we've witnessed this year.

Then don't watch. Are you a prisoner being forced to view Gopher games???

Why do our guards feel the need to help out the big guys when the ball is passed inside? We usually have a big size advantage. Let the bigs do their job. Why collapse and leave the outside shooters open?

Why do our guards feel the need to help out the big guys when the ball is passed inside? We usually have a big size advantage. Let the bigs do their job. Why collapse and leave the outside shooters open?
Tubby's defense calls for an automatic drop down double-team of the post by the guard. If the guards don't double team automatically, Tubby starts screaming at them or subs them out.

Doesn't matter if the post is an Intramural All-Star or Jared Sullinger. It's an automatic in his system.

Top Bottom