It's our right, we deserve to be livid

victor04

Reaction score
To the vocal crowd lately, who has been quite adament on making their presense known though anger and blame, I agree it is your right to act in such a way. To those same individuals though, is it actually helpful to bring even more negativity and blame to a helm that has been riddled with those type of sentiments for the past what, 40 years? I know eveyone may not agree on how to go about this, but we are still in the early stages of a rebuilding project with a guy who has alot of past success doing the exact thing he is doing here. Kill and his staff need our support right now, the support that we all need when we are trudgeing a difficult path in which success will be hard to come by.

I think most of us are livid about the circumstances we and our team is in, not at anyone in particular. Of course, the ignorant ones, like Phatty Patty and his drones for followers, will always try to assign one person to pin the blame on. But you just got to ignore those.

I haven't been pulling any punches on my Becky friends on Facebook and other media that has given me crap. They are the reason I hate the Badgers so much.

To the vocal crowd lately, who has been quite adament on making their presense known though anger and blame, I agree it is your right to act in such a way. To those same individuals though, is it actually helpful to bring even more negativity and blame to a helm that has been riddled with those type of sentiments for the past what, 40 years? I know eveyone may not agree on how to go about this, but we are still in the early stages of a rebuilding project with a guy who has alot of past success doing the exact thing he is doing here. Kill and his staff need our support right now, the support that we all need when we are trudgeing a difficult path in which success will be hard to come by.

With all due respect, I get what you are trying to say, but I highly doubt that one person on Coach Kill's staff or even one person in the AD's office is being swayed by opinions on this site. Sites like this exist for people to rejoice or to complain. The opinions on this site carry no weight in the reality of how the University runs its football program or any program for that matter.

Personally, I find Jerry Kill's approach refreshing. I have not yet changed my mind on Coach Kill and his approach to building a program. I wish we had kept our games against UNC, but it really doesn't affect my life.

The only thing that frustrates me on this discussion board is when the GH Gestapo come out and try to bully people into not sharing opinions. That disappoints me. Regardless of whether an opinion fits with our personal view or not we should be respectful.

I say, Let those who are frustrated share their opinion. It's probably good to let it out. I may or may not agree with their opinion. If I feel like it (my response is a good example) I'll respond back. If not, I'll read their opinion and move on. Thanks for sharing your opinion, victor.

With all due respect, I get what you are trying to say, but I highly doubt that one person on Coach Kill's staff or even one person in the AD's office is being swayed by opinions on this site. Sites like this exist for people to rejoice or to complain. The opinions on this site carry no weight in the reality of how the University runs its football program or any program for that matter.

Personally, I find Jerry Kill's approach refreshing. I have not yet changed my mind on Coach Kill and his approach to building a program. I wish we had kept our games against UNC, but it really doesn't affect my life.

The only thing that frustrates me on this discussion board is when the GH Gestapo come out and try to bully people into not sharing opinions. That disappoints me. Regardless of whether an opinion fits with our personal view or not we should be respectful.

I say, Let those who are frustrated share their opinion. It's probably good to let it out. I may or may not agree with their opinion. If I feel like it (my response is a good example) I'll respond back. If not, I'll read their opinion and move on. Thanks for sharing your opinion, victor.

Agree 1000 percent

simply put:
This is the lowest point in U football-
9 st losses to UW
2 of the worst BT beat downs in 129 yrs of ball
3rd frosh to ever start a game....129 yrs of football.

saturday is coming and i'll be there with valued friends and cheer.

The Gophers have been saddled with mediocrity and less for 40 + years. Bringing in a good coach and staff and having the needed support from higher ups begins the process of re-building, but we are talking 40+ years of intentional marginalization, neglect and treatment as if it was an unwanted child that has to show you should be kept around in the first place. They have to build up the overall talent AND DEVELOPMENT of the entire team. This will take time folks, and I am not talking about 3 or 4 weeks, but 4 + years to really build up a winning team and get a new tradition going.

Kudos to players like Gray who stuck it out even through all the turmoil they have gone through. I truly hope they get there shot at the next level.

simply put:
This is the lowest point in U football-
9 st losses to UW
2 of the worst BT beat downs in 129 yrs of ball
3rd frosh to ever start a game....129 yrs of football.

saturday is coming and i'll be there with valued friends and cheer.

I submit for your consideration, 1983:

@ Rice, W 21-17
vs Nebraska, L 84-13
vs Purdue, L 32-20
@ Ohio State, L 69-18
@ Indiana, L 38-31
vs Wisconsin, L 56-17
@ Northwestern, L 19-8
@ Michigan State, L 34-10
vs Illinois, L 50-23
vs Michigan, L 58-10
@ Iowa, L 61-10

Final record: 1-10 (0-9)
Points for: 181
Points against: 518

And for kicks, the 1982 Big Ten season:

@ Purdue, W 36-10
vs Illinois, L 42-24
@ Northwestern, L 31-21
vs Indiana, L 40-21
vs Iowa, L 21-16
@ Michigan, L 52-14
@ Ohio State, L 35-10
vs Michigan State, L 26-7
@ Wisconsin, L 24-0

So over 2 years in conference, that's a 1-17 conference record, with an average scoreboard reading:
Minnesota 16, Opponent 39

Yes, it looks like 1983 was awful. I capitulate. At some point I need to tailgate with folks who were there in the 70s and 80s for some perspective.

For comparison, lets look at the last two+ years:

vs Northwestern, L 29-28
@ Wisconsin, L 41-23
@ Purdue, L 28-17
vs Penn State, L 33-21
vs Ohio State, L 52-10
@ Michigan State, L 31-8
@ Illinois, W 38-34
vs Iowa, W 27-24

@ Michigan, L 58-0
@ Purdue, L 45-17
vs Nebraska, L 41-14
vs Iowa, W 22-21
@ Michigan State, L 31-24
vs Wisconsin, L 42-13
@ Northwestern, L 28-13
vs Illinois, W 27-7

@ Iowa, L 31-13
vs Northwestern, L 21-13
@ Wisconsin, L 38-13

4-15 overall, average scoreboard reads:
Minnesota 18, Opponent 33

So certainly it's pretty bad now too.

As my mother once told me...

@ Rice, W 21-17
vs Nebraska, L 84-13
vs Purdue, L 32-20
@ Ohio State, L 69-18
vs Wisconsin, L 56-17
@ Northwestern, L 19-8
vs Illinois, L 50-23
vs Michigan, L 58-10
@ Iowa, L 61-10

Points for: 150
Points against: 480

@ Purdue, W 36-10
vs Illinois, L 42-24
@ Northwestern, L 31-21
vs Indiana, L 40-21
vs Iowa, L 21-16
@ Michigan, L 52-14
@ Ohio State, L 35-10
@ Wisconsin, L 24-0

So over 2 years in conference, that's a 1-17 conference record, with an average scoreboard reading:
Minnesota 15, Opponent 37

...cheer up, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things got worse. Good post - Gopher7 I always amazed how we love to wallow in self-pity.:)

@ Rice, W 21-17
vs Nebraska, L 84-13
vs Purdue, L 32-20
@ Ohio State, L 69-18
vs Wisconsin, L 56-17
@ Northwestern, L 19-8
vs Illinois, L 50-23
vs Michigan, L 58-10
@ Iowa, L 61-10

Points for: 150
Points against: 480

@ Purdue, W 36-10
vs Illinois, L 42-24
@ Northwestern, L 31-21
vs Indiana, L 40-21
vs Iowa, L 21-16
@ Michigan, L 52-14
@ Ohio State, L 35-10
@ Wisconsin, L 24-0

Minnesota 15, Opponent 37

You missed @ Indiana, L 38-31 in '83

You missed @ Indiana, L 38-31 in '83

Nice catch, fixed.

Average Big Ten score 1983/1984: 39-16
Average Big Ten score 2010/2011/2012 (partial): 33-18

more proof that if this is the 1st time a person has been disappointed by U football they haven't been paying attention. may the ghost of Pug Lund be in the locker room

Top Bottom