Its Official

B

boner4goldy

The tournament pairing were announced this morning and the gophers were not in. This is the first time since 2000, which was the second longest streak in the country. I think that it is surprising that they didn't get in given that they are hosting a regional. A very mediocre wisconsin team was let in the tournament last year in a move that was questioned by many. The reason I think they got in was because they were hosting a regional. I though we would be reward for hosting by getting in so there would be more people in the seats.

The tournament pairing were announced this morning and the gophers were not in. This is the first time since 2000, which was the second longest streak in the country. I think that it is surprising that they didn't get in given that they are hosting a regional. A very mediocre wisconsin team was let in the tournament last year in a move that was questioned by many. The reason I think they got in was because they were hosting a regional. I though we would be reward for hosting by getting in so there would be more people in the seats.

huh. Wisconsin got in becuase it had a PWR of 13 last year. that got them in last season. Simple match. Ohio State got in becuase it won the tiebreaker with Minnesota.

just becuase Minnesota is hosting a regionals, does not give them special treatment. Minnesota did not get screw. we were left out of the tourney fair and sqaure.

Hosting a regional has nothing to do with getting into the Tourney. it has nothing to do with it. you get into the Tourney by being in the top 16 in the PWR. there are 6 automatic bids and 10 at-large bids. OSU beat Minnesota in the tiebreaker and that how they got in. the NCAA did not screw Minnesota.

:rolleyes:

Bottom line: They didn't deserve to get in. They've consistently showcased gallant laziness the last two years and have brought the program down in the process. It's clear there is a lack of dedication to the tradition of the program, as both players and coaches have made every excuse in the book as to why they aren't getting it done. It's been beyond pathetic. And in this case, they (meaning the coaches and players) got exactly what they deserved.

Look at what I said. I didnt say that they deserved to be in, but I thought there was a chance.

And I didn't say that you thought they deserved a bid. Read my post again. I simply stated they didn't deserve one, so its no surprise they didn't get it and that the program is suffering badly right now.

Missing the NCAA Tournament in a year where you host the regionals really stings. Even though this team clearly wasn't that good, you never know when you get home ice. The West Regional is at Xcel Energy Center next year, with the Frozen Four returning in 2011. Time to get back on top.

I thought I remembered Wi being tied with someone (maybe Mankato) and Wi got in over the other team and people were saying it's because of the regional venue. While it's obviosluy not the case, the thought did creep into my mind as I was trying to figure out scenarios of how the gophs could get in.

I know people say that they didn't deserve to get in and in reality, they didn't; But I still wish they would have because the team has enough talent to have made a run. I basically envisioned the gophs doing what UMD just did. Kudos to them for stepping up when it counts.

Top Bottom