It's official

Press conference is scheduled for 4:45 pm CST today in Lincoln to announce.

Basically the Big Ten just stole the Big 12's lucrative Conference Championship game.:clap:

I read somewhere yesterday that the Big 12 coaches don't like having a Conf. Championship game and will instead, in the new "PAC 10", push to have two BCS bids with the winners of each division being awarded a bid.

I read somewhere yesterday that the Big 12 coaches don't like having a Conf. Championship game and will instead, in the new "PAC 10", push to have two BCS bids with the winners of each division being awarded a bid.

In other news, my three year old pushes to have candy instead of dinner. She isn't getting it, and neither is the Pac-10. The SEC, ACC and the Big Ten would then immediately demand two BCS bids, and wouldn't let the PAC-10 have it unless they got it too.

Riiiight. Good luck with that.

I'm sure the ACC, SEC and Big Ten will be very impressed with that argument.

love it! Love the idea of meeting the NE folks here on game day and visiting Lincoln.

love it! Love the idea of meeting the NE folks here on game day and visiting Lincoln.

One of my buddies from here in Madison is a born and raised to be die hard Nebraska fan. He and I are both excited to go to Lincoln and Minneapolis for the first games between our teams at each stadium. Something tells me he's not too bummed that he can catch them in Madison every other year too.

I can´t believe anyone thinks this is a good idea. Unless Delany can also get Texas, this move pretty much ensures that Texas bolts for the Pac-Ten. If Texas does that, bringing the rest of the powerful schools of the Big 12 with it, the ESPN hype machine will almost immediately begin propagandizing the newly enlarged Pac-Ten (as well as continuing the way it blatantly pimps the SEC).

How long do you think it takes before Big Time recruits become convinced that there are only two conferences in college football that matter?

The Big Ten is currenly first or second in college football´s pecking order every single year. The thought of the financially challenged and underexposed Pac-Ten suddenly usurping the Big Ten makes me physically ill.

Those of you supporting the addition of Nebraska will live to rue this day...

I can´t believe anyone thinks this is a good idea. Unless Delany can also get Texas, this move pretty much ensures that Texas bolts for the Pac-Ten. If Texas does that, bringing the rest of the powerful schools of the Big 12 with it, the ESPN hype machine will almost immediately begin propagandizing the newly enlarged Pac-Ten (as well as continuing the way it blatantly pimps the SEC).

How long do you think it takes before Big Time recruits become convinced that there are only two conferences in college football that matter?

The Big Ten is currenly first or second in college football´s pecking order every single year. The thought of the financially challenged and underexposed Pac-Ten suddenly usurping the Big Ten makes me physically ill.

Let's let everything play out first. Nothing is over yet.

over dramatic much??? :cry:

Right now, the Big Ten controls the destiny of every conference. The Big Ten stomping on college football like Godzilla stomping on Tokyo. This strengthens the Big Ten, people have been dissing the Big Ten for some time now, but it's funny how stomping on all those buildings changes things.

over dramatic much??? :cry:[/QUO

You clearly don´t understand what the Big Ten loses if Texas skips to the Pac-Ten. That would destroy the quality of Big Ten football by hurting the recruiting prowess of the entire conference.

I´m not exactly a negative poster. Your flippant response shows that you really don´t understand what is at stake here.

Relax Ahli.

The Pac10 can gain their six. If we add Nebraska, Notre Dame and one other halfway decent school, we win.

Odds are Texas turns out to be much more of a hassle to whomever picks them up.

I'm quite happy with Nebraska. I'd be severely disappointed if the conference sold out completely to bring Texas onboard.

You clearly don´t understand what the Big Ten loses if Texas skips to the Pac-Ten. That would destroy the quality of Big Ten football by hurting the recruiting prowess of the entire conference.

I´m not exactly a negative poster. Your flippant response shows that you really don´t understand what is at stake here.

I don't think he was accusing you of being negative, just overly dramatic. I just don't see how we will be unable to recruit if Texas is in the Big Ten. This expansion greatly increases the image of the Big Ten.

The big ten would not have "lost anything" by not getting Texas. We have been the most successful overall conference in the nation for a hundred years and Texas was never a part of it.

I bet the Big Eight thought they were gaining a whole ton by adding Texas and its little sisters. Turned out to be a giant failure---even leading to some divorces between original members. Because Texas was such a primadonna bully, Nebraska is willing to bail on its longtime rivals OU, KU, CU, etc.

That's real damage. And at the root of it was a selfish Texas.

Long time with a big lean towards never. Not unless the Big Ten goes on a horrendous downturn of epic proportions. Winning cures all. And the Big Ten will continue to win. Could this affect the Gophers negatively? Sure, but since we’re not winning all the battles right now I don’t expect our recruiting to get way worse either.

Again, I think you’re taking a quick dive off the cliff for no reason. Do you really think Delaney doesn’t know this could happen? And yet he, the AD’s, and the presidents seem ok with the move. I wonder why that is???

We all understand what's at stake. I just think you're going drama queen for no reason. Your opinion is that ESPN will somehow bring Big Ten recruiting to its knees by pimping the Pac-16 and SEC all the time. How they'll manage that despite the wall to wall national TV coverage they'll also provide the Big Ten escapes me. If I'm a recruit, am I going to believe Mark May or the results of the games I see every week? Hmmmmm...

The best part of this overreaction is that it assumes the Big XII wouldn't implode anyway. Texas wanted the Big XII to fold so it could head to greener pastures. If it hadn't happened now they could find a way to make it happen eventually if they wanted it bad enough.

The best part of this overreaction is that it assumes the Big XII wouldn't implode anyway. Texas wanted the Big XII to fold so it could head to greener pastures. If it hadn't happened now they could find a way to make it happen eventually if they wanted it bad enough.

I don't think they wanted the Big 12 to fold, Texas could have bolted all on its own. They wanted the Big 12 to remain intact, but obedient. Texas wanted to have their own network, and the other schools balked at this. Texas left them little choice but to leave.

Did the Big Ten's mega deal with ABC/ESPN suddenly evaporate?

I don't think they wanted the Big 12 to fold, Texas could have bolted all on its own. They wanted the Big 12 to remain intact, but obedient. Texas wanted to have their own network, and the other schools balked at this. Texas left them little choice but to leave.

I think Texas wants out, but only b/c they've realized they can't keep the Big XII running in a way they like. As a result, I think Texas would have left at some point anyway (i.e. taking Nebraska just sped up the inevitable IMO).

Did the Big Ten's mega deal with ABC/ESPN suddenly evaporate?
Exactly. And did the Big Ten Network go off the air? And did non WWL publications like Sports Illustrated fall off the map? A did the history of success of the Big Ten get wiped off the record books? And did the Big Ten suddenly stop having great academic credentials? And are recruits no longer able to visit our fine universities on visits? Did we stop having the largest number of gigantic stadiums? Etc, etc, etc.

Top Bottom