It's Official - We have turned the corner!

MNGoldenGophers1

Go4 Homer
Reaction score
Kill & Co. have left do doubt that we have turned the corner and MN is relevant beyond a doubt. A huge win in Lincoln puts an exclamation mark on it!:clap:!

Now let's go get the axe and a rematch with OSU!

SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers!

P.S. - this officially ends the Mason / Kill comparison threads:clap::clap::clap:

P.S.S. - F' Fatrick and all the cynical pricks like him!

This is probably the "signature" win. Impressive after being down at half based on how the 1st half played out with some breaks going against you on the road.

Team kept fighting and a huge play by the D to close the deal.

If we win against Wisconsin, lifetime contract talk should begin for Kill and coordinators. :p

I wasn't so sure until today's game. Always thought we were just getting lucky, but you can only say "lucky" so long, then you have to start saying "good." We are good. And this is THE signature win. 1) On the road vs a good Nebraska team. Never mind their loss to Wisconsin last week, they are a 9 win team every year. And we beat them on the road. 2) 1960. Enough said. 3) Without Cobb for most of the last half. 4) Behind at halftime, all the momentum on Nebraska's side. 5) Pressure to have to win to stay alive for the West.

If we win against Wisconsin, lifetime contract talk should begin for Kill and coordinators. :p

Replace the goldy statue outside coffman with a Jerry statue if we win.

And then get the shovels in the ground.

Ya, this one is special! Just amazing how tough-minded this team is. A 10 point swing like that on the field goal attempt and on the road against a favored team is the dagger most times. This also might have been a really big step forward for Mitch today. Don't know how I can get more amped up for the Badgers than I already am!

I'm just happy to keep the Broken Chair in MN.

This team has met my expectation of 8 wins and now they are playing with house money. I agree we build Jerry a statue if we get all the trophies and go to the BIG TEN championship game.

I did expect a win vs Wisconsin and beleve it can be done, even without Cobb. They are allegedly better on D than I expected but anything can happen late in the season on a cold field.

Just an awesome, awesome win. So pumped right now.

Sooooooo PUMPED right now!!!! Jerry and his staff should deserve a huge payday when the season is over as they have put Minnesota back into the spotlight if national relevance!!!

I see the world through Maroon and Gold glasses and this team is still exceeding my expectations. If we beat wisconsin, have all 4 trophies (5 with the broken chair lol), and go to the B1G championship - I might wet myself

I don't know guys...I think Jerry Kill should become an Assistant AD and Glen Mason should come back as head coach....cc: Souhan.

I've never given much of a crap about the Who v. Who debates that pervade this place and I really don't care. We are where we are at and it's a pretty good place to be. When you think of the injuries on the offensive side of the ball this (especially on the line that have caused a lot of shuffling), it's shows how good a coaching job that's been done. If we get a couple more premium athletes on the field, we'll be right up there with the biggest of the big kids.

I've never given much of a crap about the Who v. Who debates that pervade this place and I really don't care. We are where we are at and it's a pretty good place to be. When you think of the injuries on the offensive side of the ball this (especially on the line that have caused a lot of shuffling), it's shows how good a coaching job that's been done. If we get a couple more premium athletes on the field, we'll be right up there with the biggest of the big kids.

Plus all the injuries on DLine in games 1 and 2. Woah.

Someone did a poll back in the day about what would make this year a success, I always thought
with our trecherous schedule, that 7-5 would keep us on par with improvement. In fact, I thought
we'd lose out our last 4 games..
(never thought we'd lose to ILL and had no idea how good TCU would be)
Take away that fluke D Cobb fumble vs ILL and our two losses to date are against the #5 and #6
teams in the country, damn..

First time the Gophers have had back to back 8+ win seasons since 2002-2003, before that it was since 1960-1961.

I'm not sure to call it a turnover yet. Three is a trend tho right? thats when I will say we have turned the corner

I definitely think we have turned the corner. The way we played against OSU, Iowa before that, dominating Michigan on the road, and then beating Neb in a come-from-behind road win, all following up an 8-win campaign with wins against Neb + PSU and very tough losses against MSU/WI. Definitely says "corner turned" to me. We've shown we will continue improving regardless of personnel losses IMO.

With that said, I think from a national perception perspective we have a ways to go yet. We get the "yeah but" still. "Yes, but Nebraska always loses 4 games." "Yes but NE is clearly down." "Yes but we still can't beat teams like OSU." Pat Forde called it a bas loss for Nebraska - losing to a 7-3 MN team isn't bad, but it's the perception.

We really need this win against WI so we can play on a huge national stage against OSU again.

When I saw the schedule, I too believed that 7-5 would keep us trending "upward, steadily". Now that we've got 8 in the bank, it's all gravy for me. I cannot believe how well-coached these guys are! We are not a flashy offensive machine, but we've got enough horses to beat you if you're not playing your "A" game. That goes for EVERYONE. Special teams had a letdown today that nearly cost us, but they've been lights out all year 'til today. Defense? Never worry about 'em. Now I like our chances in games 11, 12, and 13.

When I saw the schedule, I too believed that 7-5 would keep us trending "upward, steadily". Now that we've got 8 in the bank, it's all gravy for me. I cannot believe how well-coached these guys are! We are not a flashy offensive machine, but we've got enough horses to beat you if you're not playing your "A" game. That goes for EVERYONE. Special teams had a letdown today that nearly cost us, but they've been lights out all year 'til today. Defense? Never worry about 'em. Now I like our chances in games 11, 12, and 13.

I really like our chances in game 11 as well. I think we'll win on the road, in a close game that we'll pull out with a long TD drive and score with around 3 minutes left. We'll win by about 4 points...something like 28-24 is my guess.

I'd give it to him anyway if he would take it. I really think this is one of the top 5 coaching staffs in the entire country. The future will only get better!

Top Bottom