It's Official: Minnesota Will Decline the Opportunity to Compete in a Bowl Game

Again, that is not necessarily true. The payouts for the Outback and Citrus are pretty nice.
The big ten would’ve still been in those bowls.

The big ten would’ve gained one New Years 6 payout and lost a duke’s Mayo payout.

Again, continue to pretend you know what you’re talking about. It’s comedic.

Given the lateness of the season and timing of the bowls this is undoubtedly the right call. Too many restrictions for these young men and they most certainly should be with their families. Normally they would get a month of practices but given that wouldn’t happen it’s definitely not worth it. Trying season but at least it happened! Grateful for college football this year. Really enjoyed watching title games all day yesterday, was a great Saturday!

Once again, you stand as a complete fool.

There were two other items on that list.

Additionally, I haven’t seen my family in months. While not applicable for college students, it can be done.

We can ignore your complete lack of will power and disrespect for science.

Wisconsin goes to a bowl with a 3-3 record; all the other bowling B10 teams had winning records. Arguably, with the exception of Wisconsin, those are the best teams in the conference: Ohio St., Northwestern, Indiana and Iowa.

Speaking of not knowing things - until today, I had no idea that "Duke's Mayonnaise" existed. It must be regional - I don't think I've ever seen it in stores. but apparently it is supposed to have a tangier flavor than Hellmann's. (personally, I'm a Miracle Whip guy).

But apparently the Duke's Mayo people sell enough of the stuff that they can afford to sponsor a bowl game. Capitalism at it's finest.
Miracle Whip is not mayonaisse. In fact, that's the entire point of it. It's just .... gross. I'll never forget the first time I had a sandwhich as a kid with actual mayo and not MW. I was like ... why does this sandwich taste so much better??

Never had Duke's or heard of it before the bowl, agreed.

Interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke's_Mayonnaise
While it is the third-largest mayonnaise brand in the United States (behind Hellmann's and Kraft), its popularity was at first largely limited to the South. It is used in regional favorites such as tomato sandwiches, cole slaw, deviled eggs, pimento cheese, and potato salad. Duke's Mayonnaise contains more egg yolks than other mayonnaise products and no added sugar.

Like most consumer brands, it's not its own company, rather owned by another company. So that company is putting up the money, to advertise the brand. In this case, it's a private equity firm out of Charlotte, so makes sense they put up the money for the Charlottle bowl game.

Last edited:

The big ten would’ve still been in those bowls.

The big ten would’ve gained one New Years 6 payout and lost a duke’s Mayo payout.

Again, continue to pretend you know what you’re talking about. It’s comedic.
Bolded is false.

Ohio State would've dropped to #6 and gone to the Cotton Bowl (as Oklahoma did), which pays less than the Mayo bowl. TA&M would've still been #5 and thus gone to the Orange, with that big payout.

Indiana would not be certain to have made the NY6, especially if NW won (very possible).

Per usual, you don't know what you're talking about and are stubborn as a mule.

Wisconsin goes to a bowl with a 3-3 record; all the other bowling B10 teams had winning records. Arguably, with the exception of Wisconsin, those are the best teams in the conference: Ohio St., Northwestern, Indiana and Iowa.
By record and by eye test....the next 3 teams are:
Maryland, penn state, and Minnesota

Bolded is false.

Ohio State would've dropped to #6 and gone to the Cotton Bowl (as Oklahoma did), which pays less than the Mayo bowl. TA&M would've still been #5 and thus gone to the Orange, with that big payout.

Indiana would not be certain to have made the NY6, especially if NW won (very possible).

Per usual, you don't know what you're talking about and are stubborn as a mule.
If northwestern won, northwestern would be in the New Years 6
If Indiana won, Indiana would be in the New Years 6

The big ten champion has an automatic bid to the New Years 6.

dukes Mayo bowl pays out 4.8 million total.
Cotton bowl pays out 4 million to the conference plus around 2.5 to the team for expenses:

Are you dumb or are you trolling?

do you honestly think one of the biggest 6 games pays out less than a bowl you’ve never heard of?

If northwestern won, northwestern would be in the New Years 6
If Indiana won, Indiana would be in the New Years 6

The big ten champion has an automatic bid to the New Years 6.

dukes Mayo bowl pays out 4.8 million total.
Cotton bowl pays out 4 million to the conference plus around 2.5 to the team for expenses:

Are you dumb or are you trolling?

do you honestly think one of the biggest 6 games pays out less than a bowl you’ve never heard of?
Dumb.

I keep forgetting the conf champ gets an autobid to the NY6. As happened with #25 Oregon this year. Silly

"Extra expenses" :rolleyes: Every bowl does the same thing. The pay-out is the pay-out.

I gotcha, because you falsely assumed every NY6 paid out like the Fiesta and Orange do. Nope

So, Ohio State #6 goes to the Cotton $4M and IU or NW goes to the Peach <$4M. Marginal increase

Dumb.

I keep forgetting the conf champ gets an autobid to the NY6. As happened with #25 Oregon this year. Silly

"Extra expenses" :rolleyes: Every bowl does the same thing. The pay-out is the pay-out.

I gotcha, because you falsely assumed every NY6 paid out like the Fiesta and Orange do. Nope

So, Ohio State #6 goes to the Cotton $4M and IU or NW goes to the Peach <$4M. Marginal increase
1.8 million dollars divided by 14 schools is one full time 80k employee plus benefits at each school.

which would be about the difference

While that is marginal, my original point that you decided to argue with said that ironically the big ten probably cost themselves money by rewriting the rules

1.8 million dollars divided by 14 schools is one full time 80k employee plus benefits at each school.

which would be about the difference

While that is marginal, my original point that you decided to argue with said that ironically the big ten probably cost themselves money by rewriting the rules
Some how, I think the Big Ten would rather have the CFP team -- and Ohio St would guaranteed be left out without the champ game win.

The conference normally distributes over $50M per school, in regular years. They're not worried about a one year blip.

You've been very, very .... very clear. You hate that the Big Ten changed the rules and prefer to think of it as IU got jobbed.

That is your right.

EDIT: you're hardly alone, at least as it pertains to IU missing the NY6 bowls.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ootball-misses-new-years-six-bowl/3984049001/

Wrong again. I have stated often that the big ten was correct the change the rule.

they wrote the rule in haste to try to legislate fairness and when it did something unintended that was more unfair they undid it.

IU did not get jobbed.
In terms of bowl selection, IU fell victim to contracts. I am fairly certain North Carolina was required for orange due to contracts saying ACC has to be in orange this year.
Cinci gets one as G5
Oregon gets on as Pac 12
Top 4 get one as top 4.

Indiana should’ve maybe gone in front of 3 loss Florida or 2 loss Georgia...but Indiana only won 6 games and nobody with a winning record. I’d have rather seen Indiana in a game than Florida or Georgia...but when their QB tore his ACL I see why committee took another team for a big game.

Speaking of not knowing things - until today, I had no idea that "Duke's Mayonnaise" existed. It must be regional - I don't think I've ever seen it in stores. but apparently it is supposed to have a tangier flavor than Hellmann's. (personally, I'm a Miracle Whip guy).
People in the South would be deeply offended by this....

Top Bottom