IT'S OFFICIAL: GOPHERS VS MISSOURI IN CITRUS BOWL!!! J1 BOWL!!!!

Their D is very legit. My buddy went to school at Missouri. Said basically what you just said above. Really likes their defense. Doesn't really like their QB play. Sound familiar?! ;)

They've got several good players on the line, but Ray will be out for the first half.

This Bowl has been the most prestigious outside of the BCS Bowls.
This will be the second highest Bowl the Gophers have ever played in.

"And at 1 p.m., Jan. 1, 2015, in the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl and broadcast live on ABC."

http://www.idrivedistrict.com/media...elcome-fans-for-orlando-bowl-week/100407.html

Is that eastern time or central?

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned 1 billion times, but when was the last time the Gophers played in a Jan 1 bowl? I can't afford to go and I'm instead throwing a viewing party and inviting all the people I know who are Gopher fans, went to the U of M, or other friends who might be interested. Trying to spread that Gopher love.

Good matchup and good exposure with the New Years Day game on ABC.

Couldn't remember which game aired on which station. If it's on ABC as well...icing on the cake!!

Yup.....Minnesota and Mizzou will play on ABC. MSU and Baylor will be on ESPN in the Cotton Bowl. Wisconsin and Georgia will play on ESPN2 in the Outback Bowl.

We got the best possible situation.

So someone help me out here! Is this the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, or 10th most prestigious bowl game in CFB?

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned 1 billion times, but when was the last time the Gophers played in a Jan 1 bowl? I can't afford to go and I'm instead throwing a viewing party and inviting all the people I know who are Gopher fans, went to the U of M, or other friends who might be interested. Trying to spread that Gopher love.

Eastern Standard Time

Great news! First New Years Day game since 1962. I like the match up too.

Of all the teams mentioned as possible opponents Missouri definitely seemed like one of the best options from a matchup standpoint. Should be a lot of fun, now we just need to go get the W and end the season on a high note with a victory over an SEC squad!

Of all the teams mentioned as possible opponents Missouri definitely seemed like one of the best options from a matchup standpoint. Should be a lot of fun, now we just need to go get the W and end the season on a high note with a victory over an SEC squad!
We will win this and I will be ecstatic. What a great way to end a very good season (IL arghhhh!). Jerry's stock is going to go higher gang.

Great landing spot for the Gophers!! We got to see Wisconsin get curb stomped by tOSU and still got the best bowl possible! Much better than the fears everyone had of slipping to the tax slayer bowl.

Eastern The link took you to a visitors site for the International Drive area in the South Orlando Metro.

Missouri fans definitely not excited about this. Here's to hoping their team takes the same attitude.

Missouri fans definitely not excited about this. Here's to hoping their team takes the same attitude.

We weren't so happy with Syracuse last year and we know how that turned out. If I was a Mizzou fan, I wouldn't be excited either. They are in a game they will be expected to win and it will look really bad nationally if they lose. Although if Indiana can beat them... I'm excited to see how our defense can do against their offense.

Last time the Gophers played the SEC championship game loser?

Gopher 29, Arkansas 14 in the 2002 Music City Bowl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Everyone should support Buffalo Wild Wings. No doubt in my mind that they pushed very hard to have the hometown Gophers in their Bowl!

Two things worked out in our favor instead of conspiring against us

The Orange bowl picking Mississippi State instead of Michgan State and them moving up to number seven by the bowl selection committee and subsequent Michigan State falling to the Cotton Bowl selection against Baylor a tougher opponent really worked out in our favor. Citrus bowl would have been out of play if Orange bowl had taken Michigan State because of the contract they have with the leagues. Wisconsin playing in the Citrus bowl game last year probably had them slated that there picks were the Outback bowl or the Holiday bowl bid, there global preference Wisconsin's to the conference was that they did not want to repeat playing in the Citrus bowl again this year same as happened to us for the Texas bowl. That left the Citrus to pick between us and Nebraska. Because Nebraska traveled so poorly to the Taxslayer Gator bowl last year and the fact that they just fired their coach likely worked out in our favor having the Citrus bowl select us and the fact that we are new so they are taking a chance on the Gophers being excited to go to this game. Citrus bowl picked the Gophers so the Gophers actually ended up with a good SEC match-up. I agree with those that indicated flying to Atlanta is a lot cheaper option than flying in to Orlando. Our group is going to fly to Atlanta rent the car and make the six hour drive probably stay in Bradenton or somewhere outside of Orlando because the Hotels are cheaper. Will buy the game tickets through the U of M ticket office though so we get credit for that even though buying bowl tickets direct is probably a better option. Missouri fans are probably ticked because they are dropping from playing Alabama in the SEC title game to playing us a team that tied for Fourth overall in the Big 10 conference and finished second in our division. Were not the name opponent that Nebraska or Wisconsin bowl would have been for us. I think Holiday bowl would have been a good destination too and playing USC would have been a desirable match-up but the Citrus bowl was probably the best case scenario and the best Minnesota could have hoped for. We are playing up a level and the challenge is exciting and Mizzou if there fan reaction is anything is going to show up not expecting a game from the Gophers. This end to the season worked out well for the Gophers a nice change. People need to travel to Orlando if they can afford it, we need as many Gopher fans in the Citrus bowl as possible to offset our past reputation. Remember get to the Citrus bowl with plenty of time parking at the Citrus bowl is not ideal. That is all.

This is great for recruiting. ABC, New Year's Day......
Ski-U-Mah!

The Orange bowl picking Mississippi State instead of Michgan State and them moving up to number seven by the bowl selection committee and subsequent Michigan State falling to the Cotton Bowl selection against Baylor a tougher opponent really worked out in our favor. Citrus bowl would have been out of play if Orange bowl had taken Michigan State because of the contract they have with the leagues. Wisconsin playing in the Citrus bowl game last year probably had them slated that there picks were the Outback bowl or the Holiday bowl bid, there global preference Wisconsin's to the conference was that they did not want to repeat playing in the Citrus bowl again this year same as happened to us for the Texas bowl. That left the Citrus to pick between us and Nebraska. Because Nebraska traveled so poorly to the Taxslayer Gator bowl last year and the fact that they just fired their coach likely worked out in our favor having the Citrus bowl select us and the fact that we are new so they are taking a chance on the Gophers being excited to go to this game. Citrus bowl picked the Gophers so the Gophers actually ended up with a good SEC match-up. I agree with those that indicated flying to Atlanta is a lot cheaper option than flying in to Orlando. Our group is going to fly to Atlanta rent the car and make the six hour drive probably stay in Bradenton or somewhere outside of Orlando because the Hotels are cheaper. Will buy the game tickets through the U of M ticket office though so we get credit for that even though buying bowl tickets direct is probably a better option. Missouri fans are probably ticked because they are dropping from playing Alabama in the SEC title game to playing us a team that tied for Fourth overall in the Big 10 conference and finished second in our division. Were not the name opponent that Nebraska or Wisconsin bowl would have been for us. I think Holiday bowl would have been a good destination too and playing USC would have been a desirable match-up but the Citrus bowl was probably the best case scenario and the best Minnesota could have hoped for. We are playing up a level and the challenge is exciting and Mizzou if there fan reaction is anything is going to show up not expecting a game from the Gophers. This end to the season worked out well for the Gophers a nice change. People need to travel to Orlando if they can afford it, we need as many Gopher fans in the Citrus bowl as possible to offset our past reputation. Remember get to the Citrus bowl with plenty of time parking at the Citrus bowl is not ideal. That is all.

Are you related to Wren?

Top Bottom