IT'S OFFICIAL: Fisch Named Offensive Coordinator

I don't know

Far to many positive quotes that sound to much like hype to me...:D

Hire just hype?

Far to many positive quotes that sound to much like hype to me...:D

Whaddya expect??? "We hired this worthless dope and we hope you like him." Would you introduce a new employee in your company that way?

No - co-co as....

...mentioned to one of our holers.

Welcome aboard!

Here's to letting the offense be dictated by the talent. ie. guys like Gray.

GM

NC, how can you call a guy with his background a worthless dope??? He might be young, but he has worked with top flight coaches,and players. I love the idea that we get a young, agressive, highly motivated, and football educated coach. There might be some growing pains, but give him a chance, Brewster is BUILDING A PROGRAM!! If your a HS kid and we now have 3 coaches with NFL experience and contacts, your excited. If this guy is good enough to get interviewed for NFL OC, he's no dope. Maybe you should look in the mirror???

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure NC was being sarcastic littlebigboy lol. I could be wrong tho....lol

I hope so, never can tell with the Loons that are totally negative. Get awful tired of all that crap. If they don't do it in 4-5 yrs. then go ahead and nail them until then let them build.

I'm excited that we got the staff in place, and now the work can truly begin. Hopefully a couple surprises before signing day and let's roll into Spring practices. Wanna see what these transfers and last year's guys can bring to the table.

NC, how can you call a guy with his background a worthless dope??? He might be young, but he has worked with top flight coaches,and players. I love the idea that we get a young, agressive, highly motivated, and football educated coach. There might be some growing pains, but give him a chance, Brewster is BUILDING A PROGRAM!! If your a HS kid and we now have 3 coaches with NFL experience and contacts, your excited. If this guy is good enough to get interviewed for NFL OC, he's no dope. Maybe you should look in the mirror???

people that don't read well start many arguments on this board.... LittleBigBoy needs reading lessons....

Great read. Now lets get real and get to work to elevate an absolutely horrible 2008 offense into something respectable.

I wish coach Fisch all the success. Does anyone have any connections with Ben Hamilton, I would love to hear what one of the best gophers ever has to say about coach Fisch.

I wish coach Fisch all the success. Does anyone have any connections with Ben Hamilton, I would love to hear what one of the best gophers ever has to say about coach Fisch.

Don't forget Greg Eslinger

Well, I hope you are all right...

I hope this guy is a fresh young face and does well. But after hearing that the OC was going to be a kill shot, and with Fisch being an old fellow Bronco assistant coach, this sure smells and feels like a fall back position. Hope I am wrong.

I hate posts that basically say "I hope for the best but expect the worse" I read in a famous book somewhere to be hot or cold, if your lukewarm I spit you from my mouth" Be excited about the hire or say it is a terrible hire.

I'm not calling you out sumtimegophs, a lot of people post posts like "I'm a big Brewster fan but...."

I am really hoping that Coach Fisch does well and I do not blame him for seeking a payday but doesn't it seem like we are paying a pretty hefty price for a coach without coordinator or recruiting experience, has working on Brewsters staff become such a unattractive prospect that we are now having to pay experienced coordinator pay for a guy who hasn't called plays yet as well as giving him a bonus for staying beyond 1 year.

"This is my first time as coordinator, calling plays,'' Fisch said. "I hope I can take everything I've learned and make it my own.''

The Gophers signed him to a two-year contract that could be worth a total of $650,000. He has a $200,000 base salary from now through Feb. 15, 2010. If he's still on staff as of March 1, 2010, he gets a $125,000 bonus. The second year of the deal calls for a $325,000 salary.

Coordinator salaries are going through the roof. This is what you get for 300 grand now? Position coaches making $500,000 at Tennessee. Totally crazy stuff.

I think we finally may have a Coordinator that runs a balanced offense. Dunbar struggled in the running game and Browning struggled in the passing game. Fischer may be able to give us a balanced offense. With Davis and Fischer on board it will be interseting to see how the offense does.

I think the title of this thread should be IT'S OFISCHIAL.

Top Bottom