Its not too early to fire Cosgrove

The defense was pretty putrid in the first half and we basically won because of that trainwreck snap on the first play.

It shouldn't be that hard to put together a game plan for a guy who hasn't played in 4 years and doesn't have a strong arm..........yet we let him dink and dunk all day with CBs 10 yards off their man. It was pathetic.

Dude is a terrible DC.

We played Syracuse

WTF? Um....try again! Any problem with the Gophers today was CLEARLY on the offensiveside of the ball! Did you hate us giving up ZERO points in the second half? Go take a class on football and then come back and reply FireCosgroveGuy!

and Syracuse is not a good football team, although they were well coached today. Nothing on the Minnesota side of the ball was impressive or above reproach today. There were nice adjustments at the half on defense (can't argue with only giving up 38 yards in the 2nd half), but let's not forget this was Syracuse. This game should not have been close and Paulus should not have had anywhere near the success against us that he did today.

We move onto significantly better teams starting next Saturday and neither side of the ball can play the way we did today if we want a successful season.

The D also dropped 2 very easy interceptions and a third (which I won't call a drop) could have been caught by Campbell for a pick 6. Game could have been a whole different story with those and there would have been nothing but praise for Cosgrove.

I loved the in-game adjustments, bringing more up into the box when they realized Paulus has just enough arm strength to be able to dip a teabag.

Get rid of the cushion. Eliminate the bubble screen earlier in the game, and TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE.

That is what bothered me..........how many times did they run it before we adjusted, maybe 10-15? It seemed like it was the entire first half.

The same bubble screen that Florida-Atlantic *KILLED* us with 2 years ago.......

Fortunately or so

That is what bothered me..........how many times did they run it before we adjusted, maybe 10-15? It seemed like it was the entire first half.

Fortunately this defensive staff actually did make an adjustment. IT took much longer and several DCs before last year to do much to eliminate that play. I have to admit, I HATE the bubble screen - even when we run it.

I don't know if it was an individual effort or coaching, but one of the DBsstopped a BSP for a loss, and that players efforts should be noted.

funny

The D also dropped 2 very easy interceptions and a third (which I won't call a drop) could have been caught by Campbell for a pick 6. Game could have been a whole different story with those and there would have been nothing but praise for Cosgrove.

I loved the in-game adjustments, bringing more up into the box when they realized Paulus has just enough arm strength to be able to dip a teabag.

Dip a "Teabag"...I get it.

I disagree. I like the changes made at halftime and was impressed with the D in the 2nd half.

One third down conversion in 12 tries for Syracuse. 2.9 yards per rush for Syracuse. 167 yards passing for Syracuse. 90 yards rushing for Syracuse.

Yeah, fire Cosgrove.

if we don't get the offense ship off the reef and fast, this is going to be a very long and painful season....D was fine today post adjustments.. but, we better be ready to go from the start next game or we will be down fast and no amt of adjs will bail us out.....glad for the W, but I thought we looked absolutely horrid and in no way ready to play a game today...disappointed but remain optimistic..

Top Bottom