Its not too early to fire Cosgrove

Reaction score
He is a terrible DC and has proven it already today. Paulus isn't much of a deep thrower so we don't pressure him and play 5-10 yards off the WRs, which leads to a ton of easy catch and run plays.

Its a terrible scheme and he has already shown no ability to adapt. Pathetic.

Cosgrove must be a slow learner because in his year off where he said he learned so much he apparently still hasn't learned how to defend any sort of spread formation. His read and react defense with no pressure on the QB with a bad o-line is pathetic thus far. Is there any wonder Chase Daniel loved playing against his defenses.

Not a Cosgrove fan yet, but he made a great halftime adjustment to win the game. Syracuse was hard to prepare for, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he prepares for next weeks game when he knows what's coming.

Not a Cosgrove fan yet, but he made a great halftime adjustment to win the game. Syracuse was hard to prepare for, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he prepares for next weeks game when he knows what's coming.

Air Force will be as tough to prepare for as Syracuse was.

Agreed

little early for that I think the D will get better after today

Let's get behind the D this season they are our hope to win games. I think the defense
will do well if there not on the field continuously.

I like what the defense did in the 2nd half. Kept them in the game while Weber got himself right.

Air Force will be as tough to prepare for as Syracuse was.
IDK, they'll at least know what to expect from Air Force, they really didn't have much to work with on Syracuse.

Cosgrove must be a slow learner because in his year off where he said he learned so much he apparently still hasn't learned how to defend any sort of spread formation. His read and react defense with no pressure on the QB with a bad o-line is pathetic thus far. Is there any wonder Chase Daniel loved playing against his defenses.

I hate when you are right......... ;)

EDIT: let me just add, I meant how you were right about no pressure against the "spread" type offense, our pressure was brutal, just standing around. However, I'm not calling for his head as our D ended up winning the game for us.

Hey, hats off to the halftime adjustments. The Syracuse "O" was a non-factor in the second half. Lots of things to improve but thankfully they won. It would have been horrific if they had lost to what will likely be the second worst team they will face this year.

wow...we hold their team to about 200 yards total offense and people are whining? WTF?

Nice win, we looked like crap on offense, Weber probably should've been benched and we tough out a road victory over a very pumped up team and crowd./ We didn't EVER get these wins under mase.

Triplett played well

I am high on Keanon Cooper (like a lot of people). But I really was impressed with Triplett today. And not just the INT in OT. He was hitting hard. With him, Campbell, Lawrence, and guys like Cooper waiting in the wings, I think LB might be our best position on defense.

Isn't Cosgrove the LB coach? Either way, let's knock of the fire Cosgrove baloney.

There cannot be much to complain about with the D. They were fairly good in the first half, especially given that the offense couldn't keep them off the field. They were shut down in the second. The best part of the offense, it looks like we won't need to worry about some AD trying to steal Jedd Fisch to make him the next head coach somewhere. We should have him for at least two years. Unless, of course, Brewster decides to go in a third direction. LOL

Weber was terrible except for the last drive when he was a god.

The D stepped up...

In all fairness Cosgrove had no film on Syracuse, maybe he went into the locker room at the half and put something together because this was definitely a tale of 2 halves.......

this kind of thread (started by someone who is not a gopher fan) is going to start getting old real fast.

i say give KC a raise.

he had almost nothing to work with when it came to video. the cuse ran a tricky little wildcat that KC adapted to at HT and held syracuse to two zeros in the second half. if he had had more to work with, perhaps the halftime adjustment wouldn't be needed and the gophers would have held syracuse to a couple TDs

this kind of thread (started by someone who is not a gopher fan) is going to start getting old real fast.

i say give KC a raise.

he had almost nothing to work with when it came to video. the cuse ran a tricky little wildcat that KC adapted to at HT and held syracuse to two zeros in the second half. if he had had more to work with, perhaps the halftime adjustment wouldn't be needed and the gophers would have held syracuse to a couple TDs

I think we all agree that Offense is our biggest concern right now.......

wow...we hold their team to about 200 yards total offense and people are whining? WTF?

Nice win, we looked like crap on offense, Weber probably should've been benched and we tough out a road victory over a very pumped up team and crowd./ We didn't EVER get these wins under mase.

What he said!:clap:

I think we all agree that Offense is our biggest concern right now.......

Agree 100%. Weber will not play that badly for the rest of the year and, if he does, we have Marqueis Gray ready to go. we're going to be just fine. The D in the second half was on absolute lockdown. Cosgrove and his adjustments at halftime were key.

We won a game we shouldn't have won because of our D. When was the last time we could say that?

I have to agree that we should be more worried about our offense. I didn't see anything that is going to trick our future opponents. Without Decker, our offense was pitiful. :(

The "D" won this game, hands down in the second half. Hat's off to Cosgrove and his troups. I thought the "O" looked terrible all game long. I would have pulled Weber and started Grey in the 2nd half.

I have to agree that we should be more worried about our offense. I didn't see anything that is going to trick our future opponents. Without Decker, our offense was pitiful. :(

That's what concerns me, when Decker got hurt last year we were never the same.......

If you put Gray in there, the offense becomes multi-dimensional. He can run and pass. Look at how OSU became a much improved team last year when the replaced Boeckman with Pryor. Our situation seems very similar to OSU's.

Well said. I was listening to the post game show, and someone mentioned that we prepared by the game by watching highlights of Paulus and high school, and watching the New Orleans Saints offense from last year. I mean, if that is the best you can do (which it is), I'm not going to hold Cosgrove accountable for anything that happened in the first half. What's more important to me is that adjustments were made and the D played much better than second half.

just a guess, he could be a sock puppet. but he joined today, and he said that KC is a terrible DC after one half of football. KC did not have many fans at nebraska, and the scout board had a nebraska fan starting a very similar thread.

here's that thread not saying that its the same guy. but there were a lot of nebraska fans on this site after minnesota hired KC talking trash.

WTF? Um....try again! Any problem with the Gophers today was CLEARLY on the offensiveside of the ball! Did you hate us giving up ZERO points in the second half? Go take a class on football and then come back and reply FireCosgroveGuy!

Top Bottom