IT'S GAME DAY!!!

TexasAggie11

Reaction score
What are you doing today to personally ensure a Gophers win?

• This morning I made fresh-squeezed orange juice, then drop-kicked the lifeless hulls of the fruit into the dumpster before pouring out the juice on the ground.
  • Then, I went to the local hardware store and picked up all paint sample cards with any shade of orange on them and burned them.
  • I then went to Reliant Stadium and tried to spray paint the orange pylons at the corners of the end zones. I got caught and had to stop, but it doesn't matter. That's as close as anything in orange is getting to the goal line today anyway.
  • I'm now on my way to the local pharmacy to pick up several boxes of tissues to put on the Syracuse team busses so they don't have to dry their eyes on their jerseys after the game.

How are you spending your pre-game morning to help out the Gophers?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's Game Day <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> Fans!!!!! RT if you're fired up to watch <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Minnesota&src=hash">#Minnesota</a> take on <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Syracuse&src=hash">#Syracuse</a> in the Texas Bowl!!</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/416567532578156544">December 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was excited before reading Texas Aggies post, but now I'm mental. I see an orange door and I want to paint it maroon! Let the pre game begin!

What are you doing today to personally ensure a Gophers win?

• This morning I made fresh-squeezed orange juice, then drop-kicked the lifeless hulls of the fruit into the dumpster before pouring out the juice on the ground.
  • Then, I went to the local hardware store and picked up all paint sample cards with any shade of orange on them and burned them.
  • I then went to Reliant Stadium and tried to spray paint the orange pylons at the corners of the end zones. I got caught and had to stop, but it doesn't matter. That's as close as anything in orange is getting to the goal line today anyway.
  • I'm now on my way to the local pharmacy to pick up several boxes of tissues to put on the Syracuse team busses so they don't have to dry their eyes on their jerseys after the game.

How are you spending your pre-game morning to help out the Gophers?

I'm drinking a whole case of this stuff and then peeing it back out over a Syracuse jersey.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388160821.005219.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Got up early and dropped the kids off at daycare/school
-Tripped an old lady in the gas station parking lot because she was wearing an orange jacket
-Begrudgingly went to work knowing I wasn't going to get anything done
-Yelled at a client because his last name is Cuseman
-Have been sitting on GH and other sites anxiously awaiting my 5pm departure and game time

The things I do for my Gophers! :eek:

Not only did TXAggie11 jack me up beyond the danger zone of game day emotions, I just got an e-mail from another Aggie who said he bought tix this morning and is on his way to support our beloved maroon and gold. Gotta love our brothers to the south!

Gig 'em and Go Gophers!

Mine is weird so a little back story:

Studied in the US, at the moment back on my farm in India. Did my undergrad at the U because my father did his graduate studies at the Agriculture college (he was there in the late 50s early 60s, my sister and I in the late 80s and early 90s).

I grow coffee and black pepper. In the old days our region (Coorg) was famous for Oranges. A virus has wiped most of it out, but, I have some straggling trees.

Yesterday and today I had all the last few trees picked (a few 100 kgs) and sold it at a discount.

It is game day, 4:30 am for me, but will be up watching it and in the chat room reading all your comments.

Studied in the US, at the moment back on my farm in India. Did my undergrad at the U because my father did his graduate studies at the Agriculture college (he was there in the late 50s early 60s, my sister and I in the late 80s and early 90s).

I grow coffee and black pepper. In the old days our region (Coorg) was famous for Oranges. A virus has wiped most of it out, but, I have some straggling trees.

Yesterday and today I had all the last few trees picked (a few 100 kgs) and sold it at a discount.

It is game day, 4:30 am for me, but will be up watching it and in the chat room reading all your comments.

Amazing story apana! Can't beat that.
Me and my son are decked out in.Gopher gear this a.m. in nowhere Alabama, and I had two guys on seperate occasions come up to me at Walmart and explained they were Minnesotans and talked some football. It's awesome to know their are some of "my people" around.
Go Gophers!

I wore Gopher apparel to work today and have been walking the halls hoping to get noticed. There's a cute girl who works one floor down who often wears a Gopher t-shirt. I'm hoping this will serve as an ice breaker.

This is very awesome!

I'm wearing as much maroon and gold (my Phillip Nelson Jersey) as I can and requiring mandatory fist-bumps and chest pounds from anyone else wearing gopher gear today as well!

GO GOPHERS! SQUEEZE THE ORANGE!!

I'm driving in to Houston and swerving to knock over all of the safety cones because I hate the color orange. I'm also dialing every number in the Syracuse phone book and singing the Rouser until they hang up.

It was nice to sleep in on game day for once. I woke up in my hotel, put and through on my favorite gopher gear (including the striped sox and my custom shoes) now I'm just sitting at a Starbucks in Houston getting a bunch of weird looks before I head to Reliant Stadium!

I went out to the deer woods today and shot 6 people wearing orange.

On my way home, I hope to run over some people wearing orange vests picking up trash along the highway.

FORGOT to drink my coffee out of my M mug this AM - probably okay though cuz we're 2 and 2 when I only drink from that mug on gameday. After Penn State I thought it was our ticket to 10 wins...

Wore my new M tie to work.

LET'S DO THIS GOPHS!!!

I wore Gopher apparel to work today and have been walking the halls hoping to get noticed. There's a cute girl who works one floor down who often wears a Gopher t-shirt. I'm hoping this will serve as an ice breaker.

You haven't talked to her yet??? Dude! You don't want her to marry some friggin Wisconsin Badger fan, do you?

Put on my UM Texas Bowl shirt, straight from UM Bookstore, and ran some errands. Got 4 or 5 good lucks from the locals.

Had a pregame lunch of fried shrimp and crab bisque and am getting ready to head to the pregame festivities!

Also threw my orange juice away and drank some milk instead.

BTW...Karbach and St. Arnolds are the local brews here, I think St.A. is sold at the stadium...also cowboy boots are flask friendly ;)

Btw, thank you everyone who has posted here so far, got the best laughs I've had in awhile. Literally brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard. My favorite so far was the poster who knocked over an old lady wearing orange.

I just drove excessively fast through a construction zone. I am posting while being pulled over. Trooper not buying my anti-orange theory. Oh we'll.

I watched A Clockwork Orange and then tried to explain it to an oompa loompa.

I ate a ton of Taco Cabana and took a **** in their mascot's costume.

Top Bottom