It's Axe week, time to beat the stinking Badgers

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Better Dead than Read, 94 East, Jump Around stealing, wheeling dealing sons a gun's. What's with this bitching and moaning and feeling sorry for ourselves, and this coaching controversy non-sense, non-issue. Time to stop dwelling about Iowa, there is an Axe to defend and take back home for the first time in a long time you know, since 1994. Let's see the Gophers do something Uncommon and win the Axe for a second year in a row. If there is any doubt about that it needs to stop now. Beat the Badgers, Row the Boat, SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers, let's ROW!!!!! Let's roll into Madison and steam roll them Red sweater wearing upside down M Chodes!!!!!!! and steal Jump around again.

Better Dead than Read, 94 East, Jump Around stealing, wheeling dealing sons a gun's. What's with this bitching and moaning and feeling sorry for ourselves, and this coaching controversy non-sense, non-issue. Time to stop dwelling about Iowa, there is an Axe to defend and take back home for the first time in a long time you know, since 1994. Let's see the Gophers do something Uncommon and win the Axe for a second year in a row. If there is any doubt about that it needs to stop now. Beat the Badgers, Row the Boat, SKI-U-MAH and Go Gophers, let's ROW!!!!! Let's roll into Madison and steam roll them Red sweater wearing upside down M Chodes!!!!!!! and steal Jump around again.
What you said! We have an Axe to grind and a Slab of Bacon to reclaim!

Still too soon for me - Iowa was SO deflating. By kickoff I might care a little bit more.

Still too soon for me - Iowa was SO deflating. By kickoff I might care a little bit more.

I agree and to be honest, even if they do win, I am not sure there are many that will care all that much after throwing away so many winnable games this year.

I agree and to be honest, even if they do win, I am not sure there are many that will care all that much after throwing away so many winnable games this year.
I know I care! I detest all things Wisconsin athletics! Besides, IIRC we even up the series again. It's great for the world to know that for almost the entire time of this rivalry, Minnesota has had the lead. Saturday is that next step in retaking the lead.

This is now the 2022 Super bowl. Can't turn back the clock, but we can beat Wisconsin.

make-it-so-jean-luc-picard.gif

I'm actually embarrassed at how sad I was at the loss. I have almost completely shed emotional reactivity to pro sports....The Gophers are still the team that have the ability to make me feel. lol.
DUDE I'm in the exact same boat lol. I was just telling my wife this the other day that I love the Vikings, but I'm not emotionally invested. But the Gophers, holy cow. Then I was like, do it want it to change? The highs are high because the lows are low 😂

My wife of 33 years finally got around to asking me if I loved the Gophers more than her. I hesitated and finally said, "well, I've loved the Gophers longer." Let's just say it was not the response she was hoping to hear.

DUDE I'm in the exact same boat lol. I was just telling my wife this the other day that I love the Vikings, but I'm not emotionally invested. But the Gophers, holy cow. Then I was like, do it want it to change? The highs are high because the lows are low 😂
Yea my brother, it's wild that the Vikings are having a very memorable season, and I am pretty much at an emotional flat line one way or the other. It's sorta wild to me the prospect that they could actually win a SB this year, and it will be at a time in my fandom where I'm sorta just "yea- ok good for them."
The Gophers are the team that still pull the little kid version of me out. It's hard not to love them.

Top Bottom