It's a miracle! PSU gets below sanctioned 75 scholarship limit as 4 players leave.

Using whatever search engine you use, type in the following phrase: Penn state ncaa overstepping

You will find a few articles that articulate the point quite clearly.

Not one single person on this board is saying that what happened isn't heinous, disgusting, and a life changer for those involved. I am the father of two boys (ages 9 and 11, who currently live and breathe football), and it appalls me what happened to those children. I have many women very close to me that have been raped. I've seen the faces and consequences of those actions.

Just because a poster does not show enough zeal, in your estimation, in their desire to burn down the institution, does not mean that person approves of those actions. This is a common problem on message boards; if a person does not prove that they detest the actions at least as strongly as I do, that means that they are complicit with those actions. It is often more complicated than that.

Zealotry and fiery words don't impress me. You also need to examine some of the past posts by this poster.

You're making many presumptions.

Or maybe he is informed, and you're being a troll because you don't actually understand that situation from what I've been able to gather from all your time trolling this topic.

Why don't you explain the facts, sir? It'll be interesting counting your errors.

Using whatever search engine you use, type in the following phrase: Penn state ncaa overstepping

You will find a few articles that articulate the point quite clearly.

Not one single person on this board is saying that what happened isn't heinous, disgusting, and a life changer for those involved. I am the father of two boys (ages 9 and 11, who currently live and breathe football), and it appalls me what happened to those children. I have many women very close to me that have been raped. I've seen the faces and consequences of those actions.

Just because a poster does not show enough zeal, in your estimation, in their desire to burn down the institution, does not mean that person approves of those actions. This is a common problem on message boards; if a person does not prove that they detest the actions at least as strongly as I do, that means that they are complicit with those actions. It is often more complicated than that.

A good example of the mob mentality in this situation is the bloodlust leading to the latest war in Iraq. Anyone questioning the purpose and usefulness of the Iraq War ca. 2002-2004 was chastised similarly; yet history proves the torch and pitchfork crowd very wrong. The torch and pitchfork crowd is almost always wrong, as they are unable to separate facts from emotional rhetoric and reason.

In this case, the torch and pitchfork crowd cannot decipher the facts as presented to the public from the fiction presented to the public, and further cannot understand how the issue was a legal issue and not one for the NCAA to legislate; at least not when they did (before an appropriate, thorough investigation and any trials), and not how they did it (penalizing an institution and parts of an institution even though NCAA rules were not broken). Governing bodies trampling over and out of their jurisdiction cannot be appropriate.

Zealotry and fiery words don't impress me. You also need to examine some of the past posts by this poster.

LOL - That is exactly why your postings never have impressed me. I couldn't have said it better!:rolleyes:

LOL - That is exactly why your postings never have impressed me. I couldn't have said it better!:rolleyes:

Killjoy, his postings have impressed me, my friend. Most of them dpodoll award eligible. :banghead:

Did you search the phrase I requested? You seem to be at odds between attacking a poster you don't like and an issue that has (and will) bring up a lot of emotion.

I am not trying to be an arbiter on the issue, rather that I'm trying to impress upon people that there are many voices on the issue of application.

And please don't assume that I believe that anyone is condoning any action by the perpetrators.

Top Bottom