It's a Great Day! - Gophers win, Badgers get crushed

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Gophers gut out a tough win in bad conditions on the road. Sconnie gets their a$$ kicked by Michigan. Unfortunately Iowa got the win last night but that was yesterday so it doesn't dampen what is an awesome day!

Forgot to add that as an added bonus we should get a bit of a break from the trolls as we head into the bye week. I mean I am sure they will still be around but they won't be as vocal.

Iowa's the team to beat, but can they force 5 turnovers every game is the question. Would be interesting to see how they do against a team that doesn't turn it over against them.
Next week against PSU is a huge one for Iowa and should answer any remaining questions about them. There is zero doubt that they are the team to beat in the West right now though.

With how Wisconsin is playing, I'm liking that game more and more, but we'll see when we get to the end of the season
Wisconsin's offense is not good at all. Their defense is very good but their offense is just flat out bad. Apparently Mertz got hurt today and Wolf didn't do much until garbage time. In their defense they have lost to good teams but they still have looked bad on offense this year.

Wisconsin is not a threat at all. Their tackles are legitimate turnstiles. Mertz has one good drive a game. They were playing a true freshman rb today because their other rbs actually looked like they werent trying. But the biggest thing is their defensive backs absolutely can not cover anyone. Gophers will walk off the field with a 3 td win and I'm being lenient.

Iowa is the pace setter but I feel like they’ll slip up. We should be right there

Wisconsin is not a threat at all. Their tackles are legitimate turnstiles. Mertz has one good drive a game. They were playing a true freshman rb today because their other rbs actually looked like they werent trying. But the biggest thing is their defensive backs absolutely can not cover anyone. Gophers will walk off the field with a 3 td win and I'm being lenient.
I would love that but will believe it when I see it.

Now if I can just get an historic beat down by Bama over the Joey Freshwater scumbags, it will be a really great day.

Why would you ever want Bama to win?
My niece goes there, they offered a full-ride to my son (he chose The “U”), but it really comes down to how much I hate Kiffen. I know his HS coaches, and he’s been an entitles ass-hat his entire life. However, he father, the former Vikings OC, made it to a lot of games, and would wait after the games just to shake all the coaches hands and thank them for their time. Class act.

My niece goes there, they offered a full-ride to my son (he chose The “U”), but it really comes down to how much I hate Kiffen. I know his HS coaches, and he’s been an entitles ass-hat his entire life. However, he father, the former Vikings OC, made it to a lot of games, and would wait after the games just to shake all the coaches hands and thank them for their time. Class act.
Mind if I ask what your son got offered a full ride in? Sport or non-sport?

Iowa's the team to beat, but can they force 5 turnovers every game is the question.

Well, given that they beat Maryland 51-14, they probably only needed 2 or 3 turnovers to win the game.

My biggest concern is Mertz being out will help their offense.

I dunno. I'm assuming they continued to start Mertz because they felt that he was a better option than what was behind him. He's only 5-6 as a starter so he shouldn't have been a really strong favorite to remain the starter for a team like Wisconsin unless they didn't have much faith in the backups. Morgan was 9-2 after his first 11 starts.

I dunno. I'm assuming they continued to start Mertz because they felt that he was a better option than what was behind him. He's only 5-6 as a starter so he shouldn't have been a really strong favorite to remain the starter for a team like Wisconsin unless they didn't have much faith in the backups. Morgan was 9-2 after his first 11 starts.
My post was meant more as a rip on Mertz. I'm sure he was their best option.

Just waiting for some commentator to say they are the best 1-3 team in the country.

If anyone has every been to Buckyville they usually have a very active thread about our flaws and foibles -- I laughed when I saw that the thread has dried up and they are instead soul searching due to their own ineptitude.

Just waiting for some commentator to say they are the best 1-3 team in the country.
Are they destined to the next Nebraska pre season polls, always ranked due to their past?
Something is off in Dinkville. If a shit team like Michigan can handle them like that, they have nothing to offer. OK maybe Michigan isn't shit, but I still like to call them that.

Next week against PSU is a huge one for Iowa and should answer any remaining questions about them. There is zero doubt that they are the team to beat in the West right now though.
PSU is building a hell of a non division resume early if they keep winning.

Wisconsin's offense is not good at all. Their defense is very good but their offense is just flat out bad. Apparently Mertz got hurt today and Wolf didn't do much until garbage time. In their defense they have lost to good teams but they still have looked bad on offense this year.
I agree with all of this. The defense is still good, but now they're in a situation where one or two key losses on defense and the season could get out of hand. The offense is going in the wrong direction for sure.

Are they destined to the next Nebraska pre season polls, always ranked due to their past?
Something is off in Dinkville. If a shit team like Michigan can handle them like that, they have nothing to offer. OK maybe Michigan isn't shit, but I still like to call them that.
Michigan might be for real this year …

Top Bottom